80 lbs down and loving life!

Options
Hi my name is Katie, on September 21, 2014 I was at my heaviest weight of 335. I lost 20 lbs thru a ridiculous strict diet and for a year just stayed there. On August 29, 2015, I started working with my trainer who introduced flexible dieting to me, helped me become stronger and love working out. As of today, January 15, 2016, I'm 255 lbs! I am loving setting goals and trying out new workouts, my energy has improved and it's been an amazing journey and I can't wait till I get down to my goal of 135!!! I'm on Instagram and if you're interested in seeing my progress, meals, etc., follow me at katie33839!!!
Sorry I wanted to post a before n after but it's not working, you can find it on my insta however!
Have a happy healthy Friday!

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's great!.....you're doing really well :)
  • Mercadeze
    Mercadeze Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment!! Be very proud!!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, awesome story!
  • seabrzjo
    seabrzjo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Katie! Hope to see your posts on your goals and strategies here soon!
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    way to go! Keep plugging at it! little goals in between the long term one is awesome! And yes, it sure makes a difference in how you view life and how you participate in it! :)
  • prittivacant
    prittivacant Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl keep up the good work
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • StanfodKS91
    StanfodKS91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! my diary is view-able, right now my macros are Protein: 140, Carbs: 112, and Fat: 48. Sometimes I go back to my old macros of P140/C140/F60 but not often. Due to having PCOS and a fatty liver, I eat most of my carbs in vegetables, fruits, or other foods that are not grains. I do occasionally eat them, but when I don't it frees up my carb macros for other things. I love Flexible Dieting, it provides room for variety and I enjoy what I eat. My trainer has gotten me into great shape, I use to only be able to use 5 lb dumbbells and couldn't jump. Now I'm using 15-20 pound dumbbells and a 40 pound barbell, and am doing jump squats and using a quick ladder as well as using my elliptical and doing intervals! I feel great and can't wait to reach my goal of losing a total of 200 pounds! I post my meals often on my insta, and you can see my diary on here, so if anyone needs ideas, come check me out!
  • Raerising78
    Raerising78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and need good ideas on foods and way of living. Are you on any medication for PCOS and if so how do you feel it's working? I will follow
  • PrettyDebbie
    PrettyDebbie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I appreciate your very positive outlook!
  • StanfodKS91
    StanfodKS91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Raerising78 im not on any meds for PCOS yet, i have an upcoming gyno appointment where i am going to discuss if i should be or continue with birth control, which is suppose to help. i have been taking fish oil supplements though because it's suppose to be a natural way to help manage your hormones!
    and thank you @PrettyDebbie !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!