Anyone use FitBit?

Options
real1
real1 Posts: 12 Member
I saw this online, and it appeals to me because the online tracking is free (unlike some similar products that charge a monthly fee). But before I buy one I was wondering if anyone here had one and what their honest opinions are.

Thanks!

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Never heard of BitFit...what is it?
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sorry FitBit...:wink:
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I want one but would like to know if they are as good as they look. I dont see how they can do Heart rate?
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    I have one and love it.
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    It doesn't do your heart rate.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I have one and think it works great. Best $100 I have spent for overall calorie tracking. It seems to be pretty accurate in caculating how many calories you burn during the day from the various activites you do.
  • real1
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies. I might try to check it out at Best Buy today. It looks really useful. Even if it's not 100% accurate, it would be interesting to know exactly how much time I spend being sedentary every day. Might be a good wake-up call.

Thanks again!
  • real1
    Options
    Never heard of BitFit...what is it?

It's an activity tracking device you wear. And it automatically uploads your data into their free database. Here's the link, it'll explain all the details better than I can:
    www.fitbit.com

It's not as in-depth (and probably not as accurate) as the body bug things they wear on Biggest Loser, but it seems to provide a lot of data about your daily activity and I think that might be helpful to know.

I just wasn't sure if it was as good as it sounds.
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    I have one and I LOVE it! It definitely keeps me motivated to get up and MOVE during the day! Like a previous poster said - it's definitely $100 well spent!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    These look great from what I am reading, don't want to wear a hrm w/ chest strap, I think the fitbit may be for me!