1 year. 70 some pounds.

some of you may know me on the forums (ive been around awhile ;) ) for my no nonsense, take no prisoners ' call it like i see it ' attitude. People tend to love me or hate me. either way, i really don't care ;) But like me or not, I do know what I'm doing and have had a huge amount of success using MFP. I'm vocal and opinionated and leave my diary public so people (especially those just beginning their journey) can see you do not have to eat 'special' foods, or restrict anything or have a super crazy regimented routine. If you want to, great. But I firmly believe that your long term success is dependent on having a lifestyle you can maintain. For me, that lifestyle is a lot of eating out, chocolate (mmmmm chocolate) and sometimes copious amounts of alcohol (believe it or not i really typically only drink on the weekends LOL)

People make excuses for not losing weight. I've been there, and so have you, most likely. When you stop making the excuses, and simply decide that you are READY for a change... you will make that change. But it is SOLELY up to YOU. My current logging streak is 380 days (been a member of mfp much longer, though lol). And in those 380 days, I have had 2 deaths in my immediate family, moved twice, had untold weekends of drinking and partying, holidays, birthdays, family drama, work, kids,pets, vacations, friends, in the process of separating from my husband and all the other crap ALL of us have. but every day, no matter what, I logged in. I may not have logged my food every day (though 99% of the time i did) but I always made a point to log in.

I eat exactly what I want. Just a lot less of it. Everything i make at home, is weighed in grams on a food scale. eating out is (obviously) estimated. I work out at the gym on average 5 days a week. I do mostly cardio but also some weight/ strength work. When the temps are above 40 degrees, I take a jog in the evenings. not far - between 1.5 and 3 miles. I eat 1500 calories a day and follow a modified tdee plan. i do not eat back gym exercise calories but will eat back ones from my jog if i want. If go over my calories, I don't mind. I may step on the scale every day, but I only log and care about my weight once a week.

The old photos are from 2011-2013. I got larger than that, but there was (deliberately) no photographic evidence of that. Funny how that works ;) I am 5'1 (maybe 2 if i stretch my neck) and at my heaviest, weighed around 250 pounds. I am currently at 180. My (for now) goal is 150, as on my frame, its a really cute weight. I wil re-evaluate when I get there. I (purposely) maintained from october through december (so really, the 70 pound loss was in a 9 month time frame). I've lost 5 or 6 pounds since the beginning of the year.

and now..... for the pics (really hope theyre not too big)....

then ...

3tpm4odhaw2k.jpg

jjrsmgvt11y4.jpg

d896pnxis7b0.jpg

7mh61zsd8266.jpg

and now....

f2uoragwju5z.jpg

yukzt1fswn1t.jpg

ns35d2rypdst.jpg

0t38ft4e1c2g.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Awesome! I like your no pulled punches too!! Keep up the good work!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Wow look at yew!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    You make excellent points and have done an excellent job! I thought that I was the only one reaching for similar targets because of my frame (I'm 5'2 and targeting 140-145) Congratulations.. Being honest keeps us accountable. You look great. Keep up the good work!
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    You're one strong lady and quite the inspiration!
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Love your attitude. I've made excuses for years and a few months ago I finally decided that being healthy was important to me. Thanks for sharing.
  • Indie_LadyFish
    Indie_LadyFish Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you for sharing!! Such an Inspiration!
  • snowfallingsoftly
    snowfallingsoftly Posts: 34 Member
    Way to go! Great info. Thanks!
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Oh my! What an inspiration you are! I love the way you write btw!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Awesome work! I enjoy the no nonsense approach. I have learned so much from people who have that same philosophy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I think you are awesome

2-Galaxy-Quest-quotes.gif
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Significant achievement!
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. Inspirational! You look great!
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Really inspirational. I want to document my journey with photos, too. Thank you for sharing. And, I like the idea of weighing more often - but, I too, only really care about it one day a week - meaning to log it. Thanks again!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    You're doing great!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I think you are awesome

duh. thats why we get along so well ;)

sanfromny wrote: »
    You make excellent points and have done an excellent job! I thought that I was the only one reaching for similar targets because of my frame (I'm 5'2 and targeting 140-145) Congratulations.. Being honest keeps us accountable. You look great. Keep up the good work!

I've been the 115 that most people my (our) height want to be. No thank you. It is NOT a good look on me (even when i was much younger LOL). 125-30 is about the lowest I can go and still like how i look. I will likely ultimately target a 130-140 range and work on recomp and weight training.

lwhayes820 wrote: »
    Really inspirational. I want to document my journey with photos, too. Thank you for sharing. And, I like the idea of weighing more often - but, I too, only really care about it one day a week - meaning to log it. Thanks again!

These are all just random pics I had- the one with my son was yesterday at the pond across from my house. I do actual progress pics but there's only one person who gets to see me in my skivvies and well, none of yall are him :P
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Way to go girl! And I love your attitude!!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    WTG! You're looking fabulous! :) I find your posts honest and to the point, keep it up!
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Wow you look awesome!!! Nice job!
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Nice going! Can't wait to see myself a year from now!. I'm 5'2 (and some change) and my goal weight is about 150-155. People actually think that's what I weigh now, so when I say my goal is to lose 30 pounds, their jaws drop. But I know how my body looks at less than 140lbs and I don't like it. If I end up losing a little more, but my body is looking good due to some newbie muscle gains (I'm most definitely currently lifting), I can live with that.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    carmkizzle wrote: »
    Nice going! Can't wait to see myself a year from now!. I'm 5'2 (and some change) and my goal weight is about 150-155. People actually think that's what I weigh now, so when I say my goal is to lose 30 pounds, their jaws drop. But I know how my body looks at less than 140lbs and I don't like it. If I end up losing a little more, but my body is looking good due to some newbie muscle gains (I'm most definitely currently lifting), I can live with that.

im told idont look like i weigh as much as i do but they said that when i was fat too ...so i take it all with a grain of salt LMAO
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!