Propel / Flavored water

Options
I've recently stated downinggg Propel. I'm not sure why I like it so much but I drink a lot. I see there is sodium in it, aside from that are Propel and Flavored waters completely different from drinking regular water?

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Water is water. As long as your body tolerates the additives, go for it.

I'd like to point out that bourbon is also water and my body tolerates it well. Especially neat on a cold night. js
  • MFrey718
    MFrey718 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    on the east coast! lotta snow and lot of "water" here as well! haha! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some seceret about flavored water that I was missing
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    MFrey718 wrote: »
    I've recently stated downinggg Propel. I'm not sure why I like it so much but I drink a lot. I see there is sodium in it, aside from that are Propel and Flavored waters completely different from drinking regular water?

Propel is an artificially sweetened (with sucralose) flavored water with a couple of vitamins added. No different than any other diet soda and with a little more in it than plain or flavored water. Won't help any more than anything else, won't hurt either.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Nope, fluid is fluid.

I personally love the black cherry, mandarin orange,kiwi- strawberryand lemon flavors. I personally don't like the powdered mix from propel but just doesn't taste right to me.

I usually order the 24ox bottles, in packs of 12 from Amazon. I find that it tends to be cheaper than the store.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when i first started drinking water, i would used the diet snapple mixes.

now i just drink plain water. lol
  • MFrey718
    MFrey718 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    my store has them 4 (6 pack) for $11 but I tend to finish it all in a day or 2. will have to order bulk!
  • elphie754
    Options
    my store has them 4 (6 pack) for $11 but I tend to finish it all in a day or 2. will have to order bulk!

Likely the smaller bottles? 16.9 oz.

The bigger ones are 24oz. My local store is never consistent with what they stock, so i order online easier and They have have all the favors whereas my local store only sell Berry, grape (gross tastes like dimatap to me, and the kiwi strawberry.
  • ButterflyBlaze
    ButterflyBlaze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the propel and crystal light packets, 5 calories or less, and no sugar! Some even come with the caffeine! I love that I can drink it when I need a change in flavor instead of drinking soda, coffee, juice, or anything else.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Aside from sodium, maybe cost is something to consider. How much money a year?
  • elphie754
    Options
    Aside from sodium, maybe cost is something to consider. How much money a year?

Do you also figurenputbjow muck you spend on milk Ina year, or how much you spend on fruits for a year etc.....

I and doubtful you will find anyone who hoes grocery shopping and figures out of something is worth getting based on annual price...