Anyone doing P90X?

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Erik and tomorrow I am going to begin the program P90X! I already did it once and lost 14 pounds, BUT because of the holidays and not watching what I ate or exercise at all, I gained back those 14 pounds!! :c However, I am going to the program again! Anyone currently doing the program, or thinking about starting it anytime soon? It'd be cool to help and motivate each other! Let me know if you are or if you have any questions about P90X! Best of luck to everyone! May you all complete your fitness goals!

Replies

• junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are starting this Saturday, 1/23......I'm so ready and can't wait to see results!
  • gettingfitSteph
    gettingfitSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have done p90x p90x2 and some other beach body. they are great.
  • francineb4
    francineb4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan. 2
  • ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are starting this Saturday, 1/23......I'm so ready and can't wait to see results!

I wish you and your husband the best of luck! I'm still sore from my first workout!
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options
    francineb4 wrote: »
    I started on Jan. 2

Awesome, what have your results been like so far?
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options

I was thinking about P90X2, but didn't want to spend more money when I still have the original. Which one did you enjoy doing more? I may actually invest in it after I finish P90 c:
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @runnermom543 I've done all those too! In the middle of an Asylum hybrid now - forgot how much I love that program.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I was thinking about P90X2, but didn't want to spend more money when I still have the original. Which one did you enjoy doing more? I may actually invest in it after I finish P90 c:

Good question! What I did for X2 was list out all of the equipment, then raided the holiday sales for the stuff. I know, kind of a moot point now that we're in February. Love X2. It's much more total body/functional fitness. Some hate it. I think it's one of the best things I've done. Better than the original.
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options
    thehoss316 wrote: »

Good question! What I did for X2 was list out all of the equipment, then raided the holiday sales for the stuff. I know, kind of a moot point now that we're in February. Love X2. It's much more total body/functional fitness. Some hate it. I think it's one of the best things I've done. Better than the original.

Thanks for the advice! Getting things during the holidays would be a really good idea!! Guess I'll have to wait a while. Are the workouts less time than the original? One of the most annoying things I dislike about the original P90 is that Yoga that's like an hour and half! Does P90X 2 have anything like that?
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started P90X at the beginning of the month. However, I found the workouts were too long for me to fit in to my schedule right now. I'm saving it for summer when the kids are out of school. Started P90X3 on Monday and loving it so far!
  • Twodays700
    Twodays700 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started P90x on Jan 4th. Haven't missed a workout and am loving it!! Been using MFP to tweek my nutrition on the Fat Shredding phase.
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options
    I started P90X at the beginning of the month. However, I found the workouts were too long for me to fit in to my schedule right now. I'm saving it for summer when the kids are out of school. Started P90X3 on Monday and loving it so far!

I agree! The work outs are not time friendly :\ I am waking up at 5:30am to be able to consistently be able to work out everyday at the same time. For P90X3, they are all 30 minutes correct?
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options
    Twodays700 wrote: »
    I started P90x on Jan 4th. Haven't missed a workout and am loving it!! Been using MFP to tweek my nutrition on the Fat Shredding phase.

Same here! I love how you can set a caloric goal and then set your individual macro goals c:
  • CherylS88
    CherylS88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i haven't done p90x - I have done turbofire and liked it...now I am doing 21 day fix which I do really like because I am learning more about portion control .. I just signed up to be a BB coach so I could get the best deal on shakeology café latte flavor.

hope you see good results - ive heard good things!
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options
    For all those that have done or are currently doing the program, do you eat protein bars? If so, which ones? Because I DO NOT want to purchase the P90X Peak Performance Bars >.<
  • Twodays700
    Twodays700 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I am on the run and need a quick bar, I like Quest Bars. You can get them at GNC and once you find the flavors you like (buy individual bars to try flavors), then you can order boxes from Amazon. At least that is what I do.
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I agree! The work outs are not time friendly :\ I am waking up at 5:30am to be able to consistently be able to work out everyday at the same time. For P90X3, they are all 30 minutes correct?

Yes, they are all 30 minutes!! And the workouts are still VERY intense. I actually find I'm working harder with X3 because it's a faster pace.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    P90x is great doing it right now
  • ArmorForFitness
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Twodays700 wrote: »
    If I am on the run and need a quick bar, I like Quest Bars. You can get them at GNC and once you find the flavors you like (buy individual bars to try flavors), then you can order boxes from Amazon. At least that is what I do.

Thanks for the input!! I ended up going to Costco and bought Pure Protein bars and Cliff Builders. I'll try Quest once I finish these.
  • ArmorForFitness
    Options
    lninyoda1 wrote: »
    P90x is great doing it right now

How far along are you? Are you following the meals provided in the book or doing your own thing?