Not losing weight after 3 weeks

Options
The calculator has given me 1300 per day but I seemed to have gained instead under bust and waist. I'm 5ft 6 and 34 I do Callanetics (3 times a week for the past 3 weeks usually only weekly) Pilates and trx hiit with trx & kettle bells once a week. I lost the first week, now I'm bigger that I was to to start with

Replies

• gfjay
    gfjay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How are you ensuring and tracking your calories?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Patience. Weight loss isn't linear, and if you've recently changed your eating and exercise habits, it could take a few weeks for your body body to adjust. Water retention is common --which could be why your measurements are up. . What has your weight done in that time? How about changes in bowel function?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? Are you eating back all your exercise calories?
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    inaccurate tracking most likely
  • tekayla40
    tekayla40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Don't listen to what this app tells you for your target calories! It's calculations are waaaay to simple and general. This link is for an excellent podcast (for women, sorry dont know if you are) in the notes there is an excellent calculation for determining your daily calorie and macro (protein, fats, carb) goals. http://sexyfit.com/podcast/10099/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tekayla40 wrote: »
    You are not eating enough. Don't listen to what this app tells you for your target calories! It's calculations are waaaay to simple and general. This link is for an excellent podcast (for women, sorry dont know if you are) in the notes there is an excellent calculation for determining your daily calorie and macro (protein, fats, carb) goals. http://sexyfit.com/podcast/10099/

Not eating enough would not cause her to stall. And we don't know her weight to know if 1300 is too low of a target.

OP, please go through the flowchart @lemonlionheart posted. She did an incredible job putting it together so people can figure out what they may be doing wrong.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This chart is great!
  • lovecriminal
    lovecriminal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @lemonlionheart - good charting! Kudos!
  • sarahmclinden81
    sarahmclinden81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    gfjay wrote: »
    gfjay wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale? Are you eating back all your exercise calories?
    inaccurate tracking most likely

I enter the values on anything I eat,from a packet tin etc if I'm making my own food I weigh everything out X
  • sarahmclinden81
    Options
    Patience. Weight loss isn't linear, and if you've recently changed your eating and exercise habits, it could take a few weeks for your body body to adjust. Water retention is common --which could be why your measurements are up. . What has your weight done in that time? How about changes in bowel function?

It has gone up and down, in the past I've had no trouble losing, I haven't weighed myself as u may freak out if I'm a lot heavier than I think I am X
  • sarahmclinden81
    Options
    6vowtjf0ejne.jpg

Thankyou it has been around 3 weeks, it's just normally I can shed a few pounds quickly, I've only doing 2 extra Callanetics classes a week it was a 10 class guranteed to drop a dress size, it worked the last time it may possibly be stress I have fibromyalgia and anxiety X
  • sarahmclinden81
    Options
    Thankyou I'll try that, I decided to up my intake to 1400 from today, it's hard to determine calories burnt from my classes so not sure if it's under or over estimating
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Thankyou I'll try that, I decided to up my intake to 1400 from today, it's hard to determine calories burnt from my classes so not sure if it's under or over estimating

Most likely overestimating, are you eating back 100%. You aren't going to gain weight from eating to little.

Is this a new or updated exercise program? It's possible if you're upping the intensity from exercise that you can experience water retention for a couple weeks as well.
  • sarahmclinden81
    Options

Most likely overestimating, are you eating back 100%. You aren't going to gain weight from eating to little.

Is this a new or updated exercise program? It's possible if you're upping the intensity from exercise that you can experience water retention for a couple weeks as well.[/quote]

Exercise was only 2 extra Callanetics classes a week the rest has been the same for about a year, kettlebell are quite new to the hiit class I don't know if you can see my calories added for workouts? X
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You should invest in a heart rate monitor (chest strap) for more accurate calories burned so that you can avoid eating back too many calories.
  • candicer
    candicer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Been at this for 4 weeks, this time. So far, nothing. Yesterday I checked my macros. I had them set at MFP defaults. I switched them up, so I am eating more protein, less carbs ( I am weight training, and my trainer suggested this). Might be something to look at. I don't know if it will effect my own weight loss, but I am hoping!!
  • sarahmclinden81
    Options
    candicer wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat! Been at this for 4 weeks, this time. So far, nothing. Yesterday I checked my macros. I had them set at MFP defaults. I switched them up, so I am eating more protein, less carbs ( I am weight training, and my trainer suggested this). Might be something to look at. I don't know if it will effect my own weight loss, but I am hoping!!

I think it may be my carbs, I don't eat veg so it's quite hard to cut them dramatically I'm trying to eat a lot of protein adding whey powders in and bars, I've been making my own pancakes & muffins with it too.
    I seem to go down after the weekend and I tend to have a cheat meal on a Saturday so I've upped my calorie intake fingers crossed eh lol x
  • sarahmclinden81
    Options
    You should invest in a heart rate monitor (chest strap) for more accurate calories burned so that you can avoid eating back too many calories.
    I don't do a lot of cardio, it's more resistance training and hiit I've read that it doesn't monitor that accurately? X
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    candicer wrote: »

I think it may be my carbs, I don't eat veg so it's quite hard to cut them dramatically I'm trying to eat a lot of protein adding whey powders in and bars, I've been making my own pancakes & muffins with it too.
    I seem to go down after the weekend and I tend to have a cheat meal on a Saturday so I've upped my calorie intake fingers crossed eh lol x

No it's not carbs. It will be inaccurate logging.
    When this happen I know I need to do a few things. 1) weigh everything 2) log it before you eat it 3) include all your liquid calories 4) make sure your calorie goal is adjusted for any weight loss 5) exercise calorie counts can be out, eat half back 6) MEASURE everything you're putting in your mouth repeated because this is likely where you're going wrong.