Lost most of my weight, should I switch to maintain?

Options
I didn't have much weight to lose in the first place, to be honest. I wanted to see if I could get back to my high school weight (120ish) & right now I'm around 128 (11 lbs down from my highest weight at 139). I feel as though I have hit a wall though - the weight isn't really coming off anymore even though I've haven't changed anything in my eating/workout routine. Should I just be happy with where I'm at & set my profile to "maintain," do I put myself in a greater deficit, do I just keep going the way it is...? What do you think? Thank you for any feedback :)

Replies

• coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Change your calorie intake and your exercise routine. Your body has probably adjusted to what you're doing and hit a "plateau." Since you've only got like 10 lbs you're wanting to lose you've gotta do things a little differently than someone with more weight to lose. Because if you're still eating at the deficit that you started with, your body isn't getting enough and is probably in starvation mode.

Vary your calorie intake. For the next three days, vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. Sounds crazy but it's not. After three days, drop back down to your usual calorie allowance. Juat never fall below 1,200

Hope this helps you girl!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Are you healthy weeks you're at? Are you happy? Is there some reason you need to weigh what you did when you're body was still developing?

If the answer to the first two questions is "yes" and the last is "No" then stop dieting. If you're unhappy with your body's shape or size, then consider weight training.

Almost every weight goal is arbitrary. It's a balance of reward vs effort.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Change your calorie intake and your exercise routine. Your body has probably adjusted to what you're doing and hit a "plateau." Since you've only got like 10 lbs you're wanting to lose you've gotta do things a little differently than someone with more weight to lose. Because if you're still eating at the deficit that you started with, your body isn't getting enough and is probably in starvation mode.

Vary your calorie intake. For the next three days, vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. Sounds crazy but it's not. After three days, drop back down to your usual calorie allowance. Juat never fall below 1,200

Hope this helps you girl!

Wrong. Ignore this, OP.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1077746/starvation-mode-adaptive-thermogenesis-and-weight-loss/p1
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Are you healthy weeks you're at? Are you happy? Is there some reason you need to weigh what you did when you're body was still developing?

If the answer to the first two questions is "yes" and the last is "No" then stop dieting. If you're unhappy with your body's shape or size, then consider weight training.

Almost every weight goal is arbitrary. It's a balance of reward vs effort.

Listen to that^.