Activity tracker choices?

Options
Okay...if I already have a Garmin 220 but am exercising more and running less at the moment...do I buy a Garmin Vivoactive or vivovosmart or fitbit surge or charge hr...?? Birthday present options...

Replies

• skinnyfitfirm
    skinnyfitfirm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I bought the Charge HR and it's pretty good. There are some issues - you can't keep the HR display on - you have to tap the screen to get to it - not very convenient when you're exercising. I find the display is small and can be hard to read. But it tracks fairly accurately. I haven't used the Garmins so can't weigh in on those options.
  • wickedxj
    wickedxj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Isn't there a class action against fitbit charge hr because the heart rate was found to be inaccurate? I use a regular charge to log steps...
  • donutbears
    donutbears Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr and I like it. Gives me more motivation to hit the goals I have set for myself. I also like the social aspect of competing with your friends for the most steps. Battery life isn't the best though and after 9 months the side button on the charge fell off in my sleep. You hold the button down to record non-stop based activities so a pretty important feature! Thankfully fitbit customer service is great and they're sending me a free replacement. However, I'm now keeping an eye out for other activity trackers that might be more sturdy.
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I went for the garmin vivosmart today...mostly because I already have a Garmin and because it's waterproof and has connectivity with my watch...Thanks for the info though!
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I bought a Pebble Time and a dedicated heart rate strap (polar H7).

You then have a great variety of choices with only two pieces of tracking equipment.

(I also added a Withings scale.)

All the best,
    Robin
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can't answer from personal use as I am still trying to decide on mine. My mom has the charge and love and I know my sister uses the fit bit flex. They both rave about how they love it. I am looking into the surge or the recently announced fit bit blaze at the same time. Haha.
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fitbit charge hr for SURE!