Fitbit question

Options
I got a Fitbit HR last month. In the first week using it I lost two pounds. Since then I have slowly been gaining, and now I am up almost 5 pounds. I just checked my setting again, and it says my daily burn is 2175. I have been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. What am I doing wrong? Is their info not accurate?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Fitbits are pretty accurate, something else must be going on. Did you start a new exercise routine? that can cause some water retention. If you're weighing your food then it's not a matter of you eating too many calories.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    dblyi1qyat2z.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • mirellaleite1
    mirellaleite1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    justjenny wrote: »
    I got a Fitbit HR last month. In the first week using it I lost two pounds. Since then I have slowly been gaining, and now I am up almost 5 pounds. I just checked my setting again, and it says my daily burn is 2175. I have been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. What am I doing wrong? Is their info not accurate?

I had the same problem. I got one last year. Stating using it and then I realized I was gaining weight like crazy. I gained 5lbs within 1 month.
    I posted a discussion here one month ago and someone told me to start weighting my food and bingo! I realized that I was miscalculating my calories. I started weighting my food and I began to drop my weight.
    Weighting your food seems crazy and anoying, but it is important if you really want to see the numbers going down on your scale.