24 Years Old, 100 lbs to lose, need support!

Options
Hey everyone,
So I'm at the point where I really want to get serious about losing weight. Before I was interested in it, but tended to yo-yo. It's gotten to the point where I am ready to make a lifestyle change in terms of eating and exercising...but I'm sort of worried that I'll fall off the wagon like I did before. I'm hoping that by being active on the forums I can add that much more accountability to this whole process. Losing 100 lbs isn't going to happen fast...so if you're looking to add friends, add me! I need all the support I can get :)

Replies

• feverinside
    feverinside Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey new friend. :)
  • courtneyxjayne
    Options
    Hey! Well congrats, this is a great way to start! I have about 80 pounds to lose so im on the same boat, add me as a friend if youd like :)
  • hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I believe that you have come to the right place.....

you can walk that off....with proper nutrition and control.....

You are young and beautiful and have EVERYTHING to gain.....

rock on
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey, we're the same age. And I know what you mean about falling off the wagon - been there, done that!! Feel free to add me!!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am not much older than you (I remember 24 like it was yesterday!!) I will be turning 27 this year in November. I just got back on the wagon after a much too long hiatus... and I now have 100 to lose again too... grrr.

Anyway!! Here's to supporting fitness pals!!!
    :drinker:
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same boat. I'm 30 and I have about 80 lbs to lose. and just started about 3 weeks ago, and got serious 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the others on the site, and have them hold me accountable for what I'm doing/trying.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Welcome and glad you decided to join here! I've had issues with yo-yoing in the past and I too am looking to make some permanent changes for the better. You will not believe how much this site helps in terms of keeping track of the food you eat, the working out you do and in the end, watching the results happen. You can do it and I think you will find motivation in the people you meet here as well as in yourself :)
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome!! We are all here to support you.

On a side note, one of the things that is really helping me right now is writing in the diary in the "food notes" section of my food diary. It is really the first time I have been completely honest with myself. Sometimes its hard- and that so funny that I would actually consider lying to myself- writing has helped me take more responsibility for my actions.

Good luck to you!!
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    Would love to help out any way I can, congrats on taking the first step.

I am 26 and started at 23yo and lost 130 lbs, still a ways to g, but I did it. So can you!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Looking to lose about 85lbs total myself. Love to give and receive support, so I'm sending a friend request your way!
  • Angieb1982
    Angieb1982 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I completely understand where you are coming from! It will be hard, and some days will be easier than others.. just remember, its not how many times you fall but how many times you get back up!!
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a similar journey as well. I'm 31 years old and I've got about 70 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm glad you've come here for encouragement and support. One thing you said really struck a chord with me. That the process is going to be slow. It's finally hitting me that it's going to be slow (and long....and hard), but it will all be worth it down the road. Please feel free to friend me (I'm still trying to figure this thing out, so I'm not sure how to do that). Welcome and best of luck on your journey!

Angela
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm also trying to lose 100lbs give or take with the muscle I plan to put on :-) I haven't yo-yo'd in the past but I've been this heavy for over 10 years and I'm done!

Welcome - I sent you a FR! :smile:
  • fortheheart
    fortheheart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi. How are you? I had about 150 pounds to loose. I've already lost 50, but still have a 100 to go. Add me. I need help too.
  • caviarblack
    caviarblack Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've got about 70 more pounds to go. Adding you now. :D
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I have 60lbs to lose and i have the same fears. I have yo-yo`ed so many time but help from others I am hoping this is the time I stick with it. adding u now. anyone is free to add me:)
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 23 and looking to lose about 100lbs as well, definitely up for supporting you :).
    I've added you, anyone else feel free to request me :D
    x
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me: just as the others I know all about Yo-Yo'ing! I like that you said "Lifestyle Change!" That's what's it's all about! Lifestyle change definition: it’s a change in your life that you can see yourself doing the rest of your life!” That means eating the foods you like in the right moderation and not doing some crazy fad diet.

Good Luck!
  • kharismatic1
    kharismatic1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need support too! Anyone who is willing to give support I will return the favor!

Thanks,
    K
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good for you for committing to a lifestyle change. I wish I had done that at your age. Enjoy your youth!