6 Months 40Lbs/18KG Lost - Pics Included, Advice Needed

Options
dipteshr
dipteshr Posts: 39 Member
Hi all, as per title, I'm doing OK however I've hit a plateau and i don't think its the physical kind (I think its mental/psychological) - i cant seem to lose the lower belly fat so im starting to lose hope! any advice would be good!

DSC04771.jpg

PhotoJun0410054.jpg

PhotoApr08150209.jpg

Replies

• dipteshr
    Options
    And advice re pictures would be helpful too! :D
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Hi all, as per title, I'm doing OK however I've hit a plateau and i don't think its the physical kind (I think its mental/psychological) - i cant seem to lose the lower belly fat so im starting to lose hope! any advice would be good!

Before
    Photo%20Apr%2004%2C%2013%2002%2025.jpg?w=b9aa5410

After
    Photo%20Apr%2008%2C%2015%2002%2009.jpg?w=8d42adce

After
    Photo%20Jun%2004%2C%201%2000%2054.jpg?w=655af75f

Looks like you can't link from that site. You need to upload them to a site like photobucket.
  • dipteshr
    Options
    Try this...

DSC04771.jpg

PhotoJun0410054.jpg

PhotoApr08150209.jpg
  • dipteshr
    Options
    Try this...

DSC04771.jpg

PhotoJun0410054.jpg

PhotoApr08150209.jpg
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Your album name looks like it has spaces and the coding, MFP will insert %20 so you will need to get rid of the spaces. Also you need to close the spaces between the brackets surrounding the img tag
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    WOW! Great change :love:

As for the plateau... a mental plateau isn't as easy to break as a physical one :-/
    I've been there a few weeks ago. It slowly built up until I was fed up with everything. I didn't lose weight, I didn't lose inches and I didn't build up my fitness level anymore. I work out with a personal trainer who sends me workout programs to do between the sessions with him, and I actually gave up on one program. I wasn't able to do it physically, because I was mentally completely down. We had a good talk, changed routine, and I'm off the plateau :-)
    Since then, I work out 2 days at the gym instead of 3-4, and I do different things than before ( interval training now vs building up resistance and speed level before). I literally slowed down. Once I let go my thoughts, my body was able to let go my weight.
    Main thought I can share is: take it easy! Get MFP and diet and working out etc out of your head for a while. Take a break, go on holidays and let go. Slow down until you really really long for it again.
    It isn't easy to switch the button, it's quite some work to do mentally. But once you get there, you'll be happpy with the results :-)

Good luck!

MM
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fabulous. Well done. Thanks for posting this I have hit a rough patch and am struggling to get back on track. Not even going to log what I've eaten today, way to embrassed. My head just isn't in it anymore and I still have a long way to go. How do we get mentally back in it. I have been so positive and strong for the last 6 months, I don't like this feeling and feel I am just sinking. I will get my lazy butt up off the couch and go to zumba after all. Don't want to but will. Knowing I'm not the only one struggling mentally helps. We can beat this. Can't we?
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're looking good!

I hit a plateau about 4 weeks ago, stopped losing weight, so felt down and stopped exercising, but carried on with the calorie counting, and finally managed to get the scales moving again this week - only a pound but it was movement LOL

Its so easy to let this journey get into our head so its all we think about, sometimes it can be beneficial to sit back a little, gives you chance to regroup, and quite often is the kick start we need.

I know that I daren't let it affect me too much mentally, as I'll give up completely once again - that's been the story of my life. Even now, I've lost 46lbs but because I'm so heavy to start with, I don't notice any difference, and certainly no-one has commented, which is incredibly frustrating, but I'm keeping my chins (!) up and plodding on this time, as I'm only failing myself!

If you feel a bit down, have a read through all the lovely comments you've received on here, and look at your progress pictures, which DO show an amazing change - I'm sure they will spur you back into action!

Good luck!
  • dipteshr
    Options
    I just cant stop eating food... when i started MFP i was able to control it. I was so determined and i was able to say NO when i got tempted to eat anything unhealthy... those where the days when the fat was melting off! I find myself nibbling all the time now. in the back of my mind i know its wrong - i feel bad for doing it, but i cant help it. Im still going to the gym, but the fat isn't shifting! I used to complete my diary everyday - now by lunchtime, i know i'm going to be over so i dont bother!

Jellyfishjen, youre in exactly the same boat as me - i go to the gym but when im at home, i undo all of the good work.

as its monday today, i'm going to start fresh again... full meal plan written out and im heading to the shop to pick up some good food!

i have till mid july to hit my target weight so lets do this!
  • dipteshr
    Options
    Hey, you're looking good!

I hit a plateau about 4 weeks ago, stopped losing weight, so felt down and stopped exercising, but carried on with the calorie counting, and finally managed to get the scales moving again this week - only a pound but it was movement LOL

Its so easy to let this journey get into our head so its all we think about, sometimes it can be beneficial to sit back a little, gives you chance to regroup, and quite often is the kick start we need.

I know that I daren't let it affect me too much mentally, as I'll give up completely once again - that's been the story of my life. Even now, I've lost 46lbs but because I'm so heavy to start with, I don't notice any difference, and certainly no-one has commented, which is incredibly frustrating, but I'm keeping my chins (!) up and plodding on this time, as I'm only failing myself!

If you feel a bit down, have a read through all the lovely comments you've received on here, and look at your progress pictures, which DO show an amazing change - I'm sure they will spur you back into action!

Good luck!

Thank you! When i started losing, during the first stint, nobody noticed... not even me. the scales showed losses but i couldn't see anything. i did a few things that helped.... every Saturday morning i took a picture of myself (same place, same distance from mirror, same positions. after a few weeks i compared them side by side - i noticed a difference which i wasn't able to see just by looking in the mirror!

Also, i tend to get rid of clothes when they get too big, but i kept one pair of jeans and one tshirt which used to fit when i was bigger. i periodically put them on to see how loose they are now!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your nibbling the right things! like almonds, berries, carrot sticks etc. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself once a day. Perhaps treating yourself in another way such as new clothes, even better gym clothes will motivate you some more, you have done really well so far :) x
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    Maybe you could try looking at your ratios - try cutting down on your carbs and upping the protein? I do believe the body gets used to what it's getting - change what you're doing and you may break your plateau. And a change of diet can be fun too! Try some different recipes and foods and it may just give you the boost you need!
  • missionmanshane
    missionmanshane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My chosen snack is a Fiber One Bar. The high fiber fills me up, and the chocolate gives me a satisfying snack experience.
  • dipteshr
    Options
    Maybe you could try looking at your ratios - try cutting down on your carbs and upping the protein? I do believe the body gets used to what it's getting - change what you're doing and you may break your plateau. And a change of diet can be fun too! Try some different recipes and foods and it may just give you the boost you need!

im going to start a 5 small meal approach from today. i'll see if that stops the cravings
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great work! Don't let the belly get you down. I lost 10lbs in the first couple of weeks and then plateau'd completely.

I'm still eating well under the 2000 per day which is supposed to be normal for women - usually at or around 1200, plus calories from walking - and yet the scale claims I've put about 4-5lbs back on.

Personally, I think I have a lying scale! :)

Keep at it - the tummy fat will go eventually; try working on toning up the underlying muscle and see if it helps at all. You can do it.
  • dipteshr
    Options
    ok, so thanks to everyone who replied... I had an exam to take this week, i was living at the library and eating convenience foods. i used this week as a cheat week. i ate junk, went over my calorie allowance, gained 1kg and didnt go gym once!

i know, it sounds terrible... but.... i'm mentally in a better place now, im ready to diet again and i'm ready to hit the gym... although having taken a week of, its taking me some time to get back to the level of workout i used to do, but im sure i'll get there.

thanks again for all the comments!
  • jaca
    jaca Posts: 25
    Options
    Looking good. what a transformation.
  • bw00d1
    bw00d1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!! It's normal to hit physical/mental plateaus. You might try changing up the type of exercises you do. The body gets 'used to' certain activity and might welcome the variety. Try changing some of the foods you eat but stay in the recommended calorie range, so mealtime doesn't get boring. Make sure you drink plenty of water every day and get at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night (sleep is really important for maintaining health). Your pics are great! Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!