How much weight isn't the answer...

Yet again I'm in the gym.. People trying to gain muscle and get big and they are all doing it wrong!!!!! Do not I repeat do not do weight you can barely do starting out. Your goal should be able to do 5 sets of 5 reps and you shouldn't fail on any but it will be very hard at the end... When your doing a workout for example... Biceps, do not I repeat do not move any other part on your body besides the bicep.... Don't cheat yourself drop the weight until you can do it just isolating the bicep itself... Trust me you'll get big gainz!!!! Hit me up for more advice

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    You mean 3 sets of 6-14 reps, slow controlled motions, with maximum contraction at the top of every rep, with a nutritionally dense diet? Also, biceps curls aren't the answer. Heavy rows, pull-ups and growing your triceps are.
  • dsadd22
    dsadd22 Posts: 10 Member
    For making ( faster ) gainz, 5 sets of 5 reps is a good srategy.. I'm not saying bicep curls are the answer lol.. I'm going off what I saw in the gym a few days ago. No matter what muscle you hit or what workout it is. People tend to cheat and use other muscles to help get the weight. It's better to do slower controlled lifts and making sure you squeeze and only hit that one muscle your hitting EX: biceps.... Don't sling the bar up.. Drop weight and do slow controlled reps
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    The Real Answer To Gainz Is Consistency And Feeding Your Muscles Correctly, There Is No Special Or Magical Rep Range. Here's To Gainz
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    edited January 2016
    dsadd22 wrote: »
    For making ( faster ) gainz, 5 sets of 5 reps is a good srategy.. I'm not saying bicep curls are the answer lol.. I'm going off what I saw in the gym a few days ago. No matter what muscle you hit or what workout it is. People tend to cheat and use other muscles to help get the weight. It's better to do slower controlled lifts and making sure you squeeze and only hit that one muscle your hitting EX: biceps.... Don't sling the bar up.. Drop weight and do slow controlled reps

5 sets of 5 reps is solid for strength gains, but not an ideal set up for size.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Thanks @dsadds. Good reminder. I own the dumb bells and will sometimes break form trying to get the weight since I bought the friggin' things! No rush and no competition.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    dsadd22 wrote: »

5x5 is geared more for strength gains than size.
    3x10 would be better for size than 5x5
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    5 sets of 5 reps of everything all the time, eh?

Well okay then.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    "Gainz" - that's a big red flag.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    cool story bro
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    maybe they aren't trying to make gains? not everyone in the gym is there to gain.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    5x5 is not a good "gainz" rep range at all.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    You make the most gainz by paying attention to your own workout.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Yes! Thank you everyone. 5x5 are geared towards strength with some hypertrophy, at anytime lifting for 5 reps failing on the fifth, chances are more than one muscle group was brought in to assist in the lift.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Wat? 5x5 has it's place but...5x5 DB bicep curls? Nah.