30 Day Shred - start L1 D1 on 16/06/11

Options
I did my first day on L1 today! I thought i was fitter than that as i had been going to the gym but jeeze! Star jumps, skip rope and hammies killed me!!!!!! Painful!!

Who else is doing the next 29 days with me?

Replies

• idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to start within the next week or so. Good luck! :)
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I did it yesterday for the first time. I'm pretty active and I've been going to the gym to weight training classes...BUT using 5 pounders on the should lift squat thing about killed me. hahaha I will be doing it today in a little bit! :D
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 yesterday and went to the gym today so tomorrow is day no 4 for me. I am planning to do 3-4 days a week as I go to the gym other days and always take sundays off. The worst for me were the pushups and the lateral raises at the end and I've also been lifting and it's crazy how hard they were! I am using 5lb weights.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    It's so worth it!! Great job completing day 1! Often the hardest one to do!!

I did it last Sept and managed 9in gone, but everyone is different.. I just started Monday and I plan on doing 30 days straight this time and see what happens :)

Good luck!
  • lyrical_21
    lyrical_21 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love 30 day shred. I've done all three levels and I'm not going to lie to you...it's rough. I just bought her ripped in 30 and I have watched it, but haven't done it yet because it looks like it hurts really bad. lol....but i'm determined. I'll probably start that dvd next week.
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for 30 day shred to show up in the mail. I can't wait to start it!!! I have heard nothing but good things and I really want to see results FAST.
  • bustertriscuit
    bustertriscuit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is a kind of intro post to the forums as well as a hello to fellow 30DS'ers!!!
    I started about a week ago but took the day off yesterday so I'm technically day 6 today.
    Yesterday was the first day that the soreness really subsided.
    I'm using 3 lb weights and don't know if I could do 5. For some of the exercises I think I could do 5 but can hardly finish some of the reps with the 3's on others!
    I hate the jumping jack/jump rope thing the most. HATE!!!!
    I find that now I can finish all the cardio without stopping to jog in place, but only at the end. During one of the jumping jack/jump rope sessions I almost always have to stop.
    Along with the 30DS I'm going to the gym at least 6 days a week and trying to get in additional cardio on the elliptical, usually about 45 minutes.
    I honestly don't know what weight I started out at, but about 6 weeks ago I got on a scale at a nursing home, a nice big digital big people's scale, and it said I was 152. Of course I was thinking "Oh, I'm fully clothed and I have eaten a lot today" and kind of didn't believe it and kind of still don't. I had my husband get on and my son and it seemed as if it might have either been right or about 5 pounds heavy. So I don't truly know how much I've lost so far, but I'm currently at 138 (I'm 5'2). Dream weight is 120 but I really don't know if I'll get there because even while very physically active, I've always been stuck at around 139 probably since 8th or 9th grade.
    I can see changes happening in my body and it's exciting and even though I'm really wanting to throw in the towel lately, I have to think about what other changes will happen if I just stick to this for another month or so.
    I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and it's amazing what little victories can do to boost your attitude and your general existence! I was wearing a maxi dress yesterday and realized my legs weren't brushing together as much as they usually do and it was a really amazing feeling. You don't realize how uncomfortable extra weight can make you feel even if you're not terribly overweight. How much easier summer heat can be if you are just 20 pounds lighter you know??
    By the way, I can't do a push up to save my life but when doing the modified push up, it's cool to watch yourself in the mirror and see your muscles working.
    Of course, back to jumping jacks/jump rope, I never realized so much of my junk can bounce like that lol!!! I keep thinking it will get less and less as the month goes on. Let's hope anyway!!
  • charlotteg1988
    charlotteg1988 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell my knees are KILLING me today! Is this normal?? It feels as though it is behind the knee caps, but all my leg muscles ache generally. Anyone else get this? I'm going to do it again today but keep an eye on it as i don't want to damage any ligaments!
  • charlotteg1988
    Options
    Bloody hell my knees are KILLING me today! Is this normal?? It feels as though it is behind the knee caps, but all my leg muscles ache generally. Anyone else get this? I'm going to do it again today but keep an eye on it as i don't want to damage any ligaments!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it. Will be starting it as soon as I get my hands on it. Although, after reading some of the posts... I'm scared :) I haven't worked out in ages. Not a really hardcore workout anyway...
  • charlotteg1988
    Options
    I downloaded it the other day, and started yesterday, i'm a bit confused though as i've been told you do L1 for 10 days, L2 for 10 days then L3 for 10 days....anyone know if this is right? I was going to do it so i was doing L1 for 30 days and then L2 for 30 days etc??
  • stephparee
    stephparee Posts: 12
    Options
    I started 30DS today and i found that level 1 was way to easy! maybe my weights werent heavier enough?
    im going to try it again tomorrow with heavier weigthts and then move onto level 2!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it the other day, and started yesterday, i'm a bit confused though as i've been told you do L1 for 10 days, L2 for 10 days then L3 for 10 days....anyone know if this is right? I was going to do it so i was doing L1 for 30 days and then L2 for 30 days etc??

Nothing is set in stone with this. Move on when YOU are ready and able. If you can do 10/10/10, do it! If you need to hang onto level 1 a few extra days, go ahead!! Some only do it 3days a week, others every other day and some 30 days straight. Do what's best for you!
  • charlotteg1988
    Options

Nothing is set in stone with this. Move on when YOU are ready and able. If you can do 10/10/10, do it! If you need to hang onto level 1 a few extra days, go ahead!! Some only do it 3days a week, others every other day and some 30 days straight. Do what's best for you!

I wanted to do the 30 days straight, but i think today i may have to give it a pass as i seem to have injured my knees or something :-( i might do the biggest loser yoga workout possibly, or something more floor based so that there is less pressure but still exercise and resume tomorrow or asap!