Noooo!! The girl scouts are here!

Options
I just started this fitness pal thingy and all of a sudden, the girl scouts pop out of nowhere with the cookies. Taunting me.... I'm so proud of myself for not buying them but I'm still struggling to keep under the 1200 calorie diet this thing put me on... I know nothing about dieting. I feel like it's impossible. Not only that but I have fibromyalgia so I pretty much hate any excersize other than swimming but it's just too cold out. I'm just kinda posting thus because I'm looking for some friends and some support. Anyone else have girl scout cookie struggles? Its all I can do to keep from buying 10 boxes lol

Replies

• motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of them so i dont eat them
  • clarkan218
    clarkan218 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are very lucky, I'm addicted to the coconut cookies
  • Monnie67
    Monnie67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh how I understand your pain. Girl Scouts , Thin Mints love them
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    I love Girl Scout cookies. I was very proud of myself yesterday when I went to the grocery store. I walked right past their table and didn't slow down. I'm just glad I didn't know any of the girls that day. It is hard enough to resist Girl Scout cookies, but it is even harder to say no to a sweet little girl who is just trying to raise money.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Take one or two girl scout cookies, crumble them up and add them to low fat greek yogurt. More bang for your buck. Keep them in the freezer so you are less tempted to grab them.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I ordered one box. Planning how I can mix them in my protein shakes once they arrive. I won't spend my life without cookies so now is the time for me to learn how to incorporate them in non-bingo ways.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping my mom got some. That way I can go to her house and have a couple. I could eat a whole sleeve of thin mints in one sitting so I don't need that temptation in my house.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna buy 2 boxes and put them in my suitcase. My vacation is in April so that will be my reward!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have a ridiculous thing that I do when I am in a situation where I have to bite the bullet and just pass up treats. It's really silly but it works for me.

In my head, as I'm walking past the table full of cookies, I say, "Screw you cookies. You can't beat me! I'm better than you! You don't deserve to be eaten by me! I'm in control of what I eat, so you can just take a flying leap off a cliff." and other assorted insults and obscenities!

I've actually gotten really good at not giving into that kind of temptation. I think it's a muscle that gets stronger each time you use it.

Consider the Girl Scout cookies the evil villain.

You're a super hero.

They don't stand a chance against you!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Buy Mace and use if they get too close.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I can't stand having the samoa cookies around. I demolish a box in about 2 minutes and 35 minutes. I will buy thin mints when the girl scouts come over, kids like them, and I'm ok not eating them.
  • clarkan218
    clarkan218 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just buy it and toss it in trash later.
    Now that's just sacrilege lololol!!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Mmmmm, samoas. And tagalongs. And thin mints. I am waiting for my six boxes to show up, but I have to wait til February. I second the suggestions of putting them in the freezer. They tend to be delicious frozen, especially the peanut butter ones, and they last longer for me that way.

But you might also want to consider your overall daily calorie goal. 1200 is quite low for most people, and you may be able to increase your daily calories and still lose at a reasonable rate while still having the occasional treat. Have you ever used one of the TDEE calculators to estimate how many calories you tend to burn on average, or are you just going with MFP's suggestion? (though with either case, you have to do your own tracking of calories and weight loss for a couple months to get a more accurate estimate of your actual TDEE).
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I offer to make a cash donation to the troop. The troop only gets a small portion of the money that you pay for a box of cookies. They get the full amount of your cash donation. They earn money. I don't eat an entire box of thin mints in one sitting. We both win.
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    eat some. track your calories, adjust diet for the rest of the day to break even, or go do some cardio... don't try to sacrifice to much or you'll binge when you have a bad day.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Buy some to send to the troops if you have difficulty controlling yourself around them!

Personally, I plan on picking up a box of Dos I Dohs and a box of Thanks a Lots
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    kind of hard to not buy a box when it's your boss selling them.LOL
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    kind of hard to not buy a box when it's your boss selling them.LOL

You can absolutely donate to the troop! My daughter sells them and we always have people "buy" zero boxes. There's even a spot on the form to do that.
  • peacefulLibra
    peacefulLibra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia too. I'm either too exhausted or in too much pain to be as active as I wish I could be. Like now, I've been busy all morning and can barely keep my eyes open so I'm about to take a nap :( I've put on a lot of weight since being diagnosed 5 years ago and now I'm not sure how I'm going to lose it.
    And my daughter is going to be selling Girl Scout cookies! Lol
  • LostCowboy
    LostCowboy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lol my daughter is a girlscout!