What's going on with my *kitten*?

Luvmesumkenny
Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
This question is for my fellow MFP who take Spin.
I've been taking Spin for about 4 months now.. We all know the seats on those things are the most uncomfortable seats ever.. This is going to sound a little weird but does anyone have significant change in the way your butt feels. I notice when I turn on my side I can feel like a hard ball above the top of my butt.Right where your butt bone starts. My *kitten* is feeling really tight.... Is this Normal? Hmmm... Maybe that's what a real butt feels like.
Feel Free to add me!

Replies

• Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Sounds like you are building up your saddle muscles.
  • franurra
    franurra Posts: 17 Member
    same here, and its just like the above, sadle muscles:) i likey!;)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    What's going on with your *kitten*? Well, you would have to show us first so that we can give you an informed viewpoint....

It depends on where you are experiencing the tightness I think. If it's your gluteal muscles than nice one. If you are experiencing tightness in the actual coccyx region, like a tight ball as you say, it may actually be mild inflammation due to the saddle not being suitable for you and / or your sitting position. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless its accompanied by pain as it should resolve by itself if you allow yourself sufficient recovery time between sessions.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Nice to get a forewarning on how uncomfortable the bike seats in spin class can be. Now if this will make my *kitten* look better, I definitely need to start a class ASAP! :happy:
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Maybe it's a normal butt thing :) I have always had a flat *kitten* and, especially when I am thinner, my butt bone is more prominent.

All that standing and pedaling has got to be turning your butt into buns of steel!!
This discussion has been closed.