Getting started, need to lose around 200lbs. Looking for people for the long haul.

Options
Hi folks!
I'm Rachel. I'm looking for other people to connect with. I started about a month ago around 350 lbs and have lost about 15 so far. I'm looking for others to share recipes, tips, and general conversation with over my journey the next few years.
Best wishes!

Replies

• fletchleg13
    fletchleg13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel. I'm starting on 337 (down 4 pounds) and looking to lose around 100lbs.

I'll definitely send you an add, I'm gonna be on this for a while yet while I do this and we can motivate each other
  • vtrachel2000
    vtrachel2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel. I'm starting on 337 (down 4 pounds) and looking to lose around 100lbs.

I'll definitely send you an add, I'm gonna be on this for a while yet while I do this and we can motivate each other

Sounds good!
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • jackiemiller40
    jackiemiller40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?
  • maximoos1982
    maximoos1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I need to lose 123lbs xx
  • jgrinter36
    jgrinter36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I was 320 when I started a year ago. I lost 70 lbs and then gained back 30. I'm on my way back down and working on it every day. Let me know if u want to chat.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me! I'm at 306 and have a long journey ahead as well!
  • sweetie010_m
    sweetie010_m Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning and im new here and would like to make new lifestyle buddies and friends. I have 100+ pounds to lose. Plz anybody that will add me.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Can add me if you like. I started needing to lose about 180, now looking to lose 168 after about 3 weeks. Nothing inspirational as far as meals and stuff, but good at motivating and eating "real" foods.
  • Ginger7658
    Ginger7658 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm here for the long haul too so feel free to add me
  • sisijamison
    sisijamison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!
    I'm Rachel. I'm looking for other people to connect with. I started about a month ago around 350 lbs and have lost about 15 so far. I'm looking for others to share recipes, tips, and general conversation with over my journey the next few years.
    Best wishes!

hey im looking to lose 125lbs add me and lets get this show on the role!!!
  • Jperry84
    Jperry84 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm also looking to lose quite a bit (around 120 lbs total). Please feel free to add me! :)
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! It's a great source of info, motivation.
    I started back in May and am down 64 pounds with around another 40 to 60 to go. It's not been easy & currently i'm seriously struggling but am back on track :)
    break your weight-loss into small doable goals, perhaps 10 pounds at a time & celebrate when you reach that goal. So scary to say i have to loose 120 or 200 pounds, but if you know it's 10 pounds at a time, it's manageable
    All the best to everyone in this journey :)
  • Wendiprosser2015
    Wendiprosser2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too have a long way to go, so will add you and we can get thru this together
  • StephDefa28
    StephDefa28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Seeing everyone that has significant weight to lose gives me hope that I am not alone. I have 100+ to lose. I have not set an end weight as I am looking more to feel better and figure when after I lose 100 pounds I will know more of where I should be. I have lost 80+ pounds in the past but with life gained it back plus a little more.
  • lenonfernandes
    lenonfernandes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. I'm trying to get back to the app today after the on and off relationship I have been having with it. I'm trying to lose about 100 lbs or at least as much as I need to feel good with my body.
  • ssheets32
    ssheets32 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried to reply and accidently posted a whole new post. I'm still trying to figure all this out. I weigh 256 and want to lose over 100 pounds. Feel free to add me. I know you can do this.
  • roxymuller
    roxymuller Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are on your way to a new self. Awesome that you have lost 15 lbs so are. The amount of weight you have to lose may seem daunting but if you break it down into smaller amounts, like 10 lbs then it won't seem like an impossible task to do. I have to lose 100 lbs and in order for me to not give up I am only concentrating on 10 lbs at a time. A few tips I have found that work for me are: weigh yourself on Fridays because you have probably been good all week so you will be more likely to have a loss vs a gain. package up snacks into baggies for the allotted calorie for that item so you won't be tempted to eat the whole bag. Allow your self "treats" by counting them into your calories for the day. I will treat myself to a couple of squares of dark chocolate. eat fish, if you like it. but you can also have meat too just chose lean. eat chicken too if you like that. lots of stir fries. But most important is don't get down on yourself if you have a bad day. Just carry onto the next day and continue like the previous day never happened. good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Awesome work so far! I just restarted again. Feel free to add me
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options