Calorie intake

Options
Do I have to eat my whole 1800 calories a day ? I usually have at least 500 left a day ?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If the doctor to you that you have to eat 1,800, you have to.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    If you got that number from MFP, you're supposed to. MFP is set up to create an appropriate deficit for your height and weight with a safe rate of weight loss (no more than 2lbs per week). Under eating can lead to malnutrition and other deficiencies.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry if you are 500 low occasionally, but you should eat all of the calories you are allowed. If you add in exercise you should eat at least half of those calories back (especially if you are set to sedentary).
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No - absolutely not, unless you are hungry. :)
  • ashleycrossley18
    ashleycrossley18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't make myself eat that much and then when I add in my workout then it gives me more calories to eat.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I can't make myself eat that much and then when I add in my workout then it gives me more calories to eat.

If you are unable to eat 1,800 calories a day, how did you get in a situation where you have excess weight to lose (assuming that is your goal)?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If you are unable to eat 1,800 calories a day, how did you get in a situation where you have excess weight to lose (assuming that is your goal)?

That was going to be my question
  • ashleycrossley18
    Options
    Well now I'm doing meal replacement shakes so two of those a day and a meal doesn't equal 1800
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Well now I'm doing meal replacement shakes so two of those a day and a meal doesn't equal 1800

So add some regular food to your diet -- replace one of the meal replacements with a meal or add a snack. Depending on how many calories you need, it shouldn't be too hard. One serving of almonds (28 almonds) is around 170 calories. 2 tablespoons of almond butter is 180 calories. A glass of red wine is 120 calories. I just looked at a chocolate bar that is sitting on the desk I'm at -- half of that is 210. 12 tortilla chips are around 140 calories -- add half a cup of salsa for around 40-50 calories more. A pack of peanut butter crackers is around 180-200 calories.

I can go on and on. Yeah, a lot of these are nut-based because I love nuts. But you can do the same with any type of food.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If Your Losing Weight At 1800 Calories, Why Eat Any Less? I Love Food And If I Can Eat 2200 Calories And Lose Weight, Why Shortchange Myself And Only Eat 1800? I'm Gonna Eat Till I Hit That 2200 Lol! Stay As Close To That Number As Possible And You'll Also Avoid Slowing Down That Metabolism Too Much .
  • ashleycrossley18
    Options
    Thank you guys