Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who is affected by Winter Storm Jonas?

kshama2001
kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
edited January 2016 in Chit-Chat
I'm south of Boston and we are predicted to get 2-10 inches. We laugh at 2" and while 10 is a little more annoying, it's part of life here in the winter.

Where are you and how much snow do you have? I hope everyone stays safe and warm!

de2668d878c13bcf61c2f9bceb26c649.jpg

Replies

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    edited January 2016
    already have 2 feet of snow, waiting for the rest to fall. Just finished my first round of shoveling

im in Maryland

But didnt boston get hit hard a year or so back?
  • kshama2001
    Yes, last winter was crazy!

mwrr3ohp08p5.jpg
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    i have something like that so far, not as much but it still snowing
  • JFinn26
    JFinn26 Posts: 708 Member
    ma8uahsh1qk6.jpeg
  • kshama2001
    ma8uahsh1qk6.jpeg

Wow, where are you?
  • JFinn26
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ma8uahsh1qk6.jpeg

Wow, where are you?

Lehigh Valley, just an hour north of Philly...to clarify, the angle might give it false perception. The grill is about 4 feet away from the sliding glass door, and the snow at the time of the picture was somewhere between knee and hip high...and I'm 6 feet tall...
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Cape cod- shoveled 12 already that another 4 at least now. I had to pu teen at work and lost a few years off my life as they hadn't plowed and someone slid through the stop sign and was inches from t-boning my door!
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    central nj....definitely atleast 2 feet. thankfully I got out of work early enough yesterday to shovel about 18" of it before the rest fell. snow finally stopped, now its just blowing all over. getting a 4x4 was probably 1 of the best decisions of my life since its frowned upon to call out with "essential personnel" in your job description
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    rsfw2l9hvnvq.jpeg
    29" here....stranded at work til the roads clear
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    f0on0dubtflz.jpg

this was last night after I finished shoveling the driveway....got snow covered pretty quick, but better than shoveling all 2+ feet of snow at once
  • kshama2001
    We only got about 6 inches...but my landlord sure is loving the plow he bought last fall.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    I'm in SW Virginia, we only got 16" of the 24" we were supposed to get.
    6qb1oim090wc.jpg
  • JFinn26
    rsfw2l9hvnvq.jpeg

Where was that at? I ended up getting 32"
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    rsfw2l9hvnvq.jpeg

Where was that at? I ended up getting 32"

Baltimore, MD
  • kshama2001
    Lots of stories about collapsing roofs. We paid someone to shovel off ours last year after a few significant storms.

http://www.weather.com/news/news/winter-storm-jonas-roof-barn-collapse
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I'm in Northern NJ...we got 28"
  • bachster1
    bachster1 Posts: 2 Member
    Just S of DC (VA) we easily got 20"+; as predicted. :smiley: Fm upstate NY where "Lake Affect "is my middle name, so I can laugh at NoVA & the 'DMV' blizzard. It's a lite powder so very easy to clean up here. B) But hubby is enjoying the free snow day! Can't find snow shoveling in the cardio or strength search...any one have ideas?
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    bachster1 wrote: »
    Just S of DC (VA) we easily got 20"+; as predicted. :smiley: Fm upstate NY where "Lake Affect "is my middle name, so I can laugh at NoVA & the 'DMV' blizzard. It's a lite powder so very easy to clean up here. B) But hubby is enjoying the free snow day! Can't find snow shoveling in the cardio or strength search...any one have ideas?

Search the word "snow" it's there
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    so much snow and no food D:
  • kshama2001
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    so much snow and no food D:

I'm like a little squirrel before a storm, lol. I'm still traumatized from Hurricane Rita in 2005.