Do i have to eat all my calories to lose weight?

Options
Some days I don't hit my calorie intake which is 1200, will I gain weight if i do that?

Replies

• beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You should try to stay within range of that target, but no you won't gain weight.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    No, people just don't want to eat some days. You should make sure you're eating enough on a regular basis. Your body needs sufficient calories to function well.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You Definitely Don't Want To Shortchange Yourself.. Don't Have To Hit Hit Exactly, But Within 100 Calories Is Good. Make It A Point To Consistently Hit Your Calorie Goal. Of Course Ocassionaly You'll Miss It, But The Key Is Consistency.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Some days I don't hit my calorie intake which is 1200, will I gain weight if i do that?

Are you talking about being over or under your goal?
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You won't gain weight but it's not healthy. Add some peanut butter or fruit juice to come up to 1200. That's the bare minimum you need to reach.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

• salmaaarafaa
    salmaaarafaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Are you talking about being over or under your goal?

Under my goal

• salmaaarafaa
    Options
    You won't gain weight but it's not healthy. Add some peanut butter or fruit juice to come up to 1200. That's the bare minimum you need to reach.

But will i lose weight though ?
  • rogersjamiel
    rogersjamiel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yea
  • mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't go below 1200 so I would say yes you need to eat your full allowance. Not good for your body to go below 1200
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be in that range 1100-1200 /day. Your body needs nutrients to burn fat. Depends on your daily activity level too...
  • salmaaarafaa
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    No, people just don't want to eat some days. You should make sure you're eating enough on a regular basis. Your body needs sufficient calories to function well.
    But will i lose weight though?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

The best thing to do would be to monitor your loss. The general recommendations for weight loss are based on how much you have to lose.

50+ lbs: 2 pounds per week
    20-50: 1 pound per week
    less than 20: .5 pound a week

Losing too much too quickly can have detrimental effects.

ETA: I recommend reading some of the posts in this thread. :smile:

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options

You will lose weight, more muscle and bone mass than fat, and you will also have a high risk of becoming malnourished. Which comes with very glamorous side effects like heart palpitations, hair loss, brittle nails, extreme fatigue, dizziness and so forth.

I'm 5'2, I'm lightly active and I eat 1600 a day. I've lost 28lb.