struggling

Options
I am struggling this week and its already thrusday! My Motivation has gone down hill and fast. I know I have alot of weight to lose and its going to take time! this is my 3rd week on MFP and I have only lost 1lb (I lost two inchs on my waist!) anyways I am planing on going food shopping tonight to restock on that front. but I guess I am just looking for some motivation to get my self back on track.

Replies

• blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for all the support really thanks every one!
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You have lost 14lbs, you are on track. Motivation will come and go and sometimes the scales don't seem to budge. but when you take a look at yourself and notice inches dropping and how good you feel inside because of your new improved lifestyle, then you will get all the motivation you need.

Stick with it, it would be a waste to go back now right?
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have been there as well lately. I think my problem is the weather. it has been crappy here. Keep your head up. We are here for you! I know it is hard, but stick with it. I haven't worked out in a week. Because of life, kids, work, ect. but I am getting back on track today! Remember today is a new day! It takes some time to get into the swing of things. Feel free to message me.

Take care!
    Jenn
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    If it's the right time for you to make this change, something will "click" for you soon and it will become easier. Please join my group of friends -- we're very encouraging!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Keeping focus can get a bit tedious at times. We all have been there on a occasion or two. Its just something you have to get pass and when you do you mark it as 1 hurdle crossed. Pat yourself on the back because it was a hard task but you did it.

You can do it. Just make lemonade out of the lemons!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    In the scheme of things, you have to be your own motivation sometimes. Every now and again, and outside factor like a friend, family member, event, tv show, or whatever will motivate you, but for those times when you're laying your bed and haven't exercised that day and all you want to do is sleep, you have to say, GET UP, and not talk yourself out of it. It eventually become habit, I feel I could have lost more weight by now, since I've been going at it since Feb. I started tracking my food on and off since March. I just try to eat different things, look up recipes, and stay consistent with doing some form of physical activity. i don't restrict myself completely, and through trial and error I eat some junk in moderation and have successfully still lost weight. 33pounds down, A HECK OF A LOT MORE TO GO. Let's put it this way, I want my 33pounds, so I'll do everything in my power to keep that off, and take even more off because i know how hard i worked for those pounds lost. hope this helps. :smile: