Other than not going past your calories

2»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Calories are primary. I view protein and fat as a minimum. I let the carbs fall where they may.
  • sarahspenceee
    sarahspenceee Posts: 38 Member
    calories and I try to hit protein and not go over fat and carbs.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I mostly just try to eat a healthful balanced diet and then everything else seems to fall in place. I do keep an eye on protein (as a minimum), fiber (as a minimum), and sat fat (as a maximum).
  • courtmarrow
    courtmarrow Posts: 19 Member
    I stick close to my calories and focus primarily on hitting my protein and fat macros using carbs to fill in whatever is leftover. I also try to hit my fiber goal. Other than that I look at the numbers but don't give then much weight.
  • lizorak
    lizorak Posts: 1 Member
    I think it's important to make sure
    Your food is nutritionally balanced and if it is then you should naturally feel more satiated and have less cravings... The resulting effect would be eating less calories. It's important to know too that carbs can effect the body differently than say a healthy fat might. White flour turns into sugar in your body which gets stored as fat for example. Not all calories are equal. This has been a major learning curve for me since I have trouble staying within my calorie limit if I don't eat a balanced diet. If I eat well rounded meals it's much easier for me to control my eating and feel full more easily
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,085 Member
    Really just calories for me. Sometimes I try to meet or exceed my protein goals, but what I focus on is calories.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Right now I'm only focused on calories.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Calories, hitting protein minimum, and keeping ADDED sugar items to one-ish per day. But I don't really watch the grams exactly.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    not too much salt.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Calories are number 1. But I always try and hit my protein and I try and get at least 150g of carbs a day.