Nutribullet

Options
Hello,

I recently purchased a nutribullet as a present to myself and have been using it daily. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as good smoothies to help me mix up my options. I usually drink the smoothie before working out in the morning. Also, any good detox recipes? Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What kind of smoothies are you making now? I'm not sure what to suggest to mix it up as I don't know what you're trying.

Your body will naturally detox itself. If your body is unable to remove toxins, you need more help than a smoothie could possibly provide.
  • jenn308
    jenn308 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Right now I have been mostly using spinach, green apples, bananas, grapefruit, strawberries, peanut butter, coconut water, almond milk, ginger, cucumbers...etc and adding chia or flax seeds. I dont use those all at once....was mainly posting to see if anyone knew of some more good recipies to try.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't believe detox is a thing, but when I work mornings I am way too lazy to get up and make breakfast, so I make a protein smoothie. Always spinach and protein powder, usually fruit and Chia seeds. Sometimes cucumber, carrots, or celery. Many of them I have to chew a bit (the ones with more veg). But they keep me full for hours. I have tried many different things with it but find that a simple spinach, fruit, seeds, and powder provide a lot of protein and fibre for around 300 cal. When I am working evenings or off for the day, I prefer cooking.
  • jenn308
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I don't believe detox is a thing, but when I work mornings I am way too lazy to get up and make breakfast, so I make a protein smoothie. Always spinach and protein powder, usually fruit and Chia seeds. Sometimes cucumber, carrots, or celery. Many of them I have to chew a bit (the ones with more veg). But they keep me full for hours. I have tried many different things with it but find that a simple spinach, fruit, seeds, and powder provide a lot of protein and fibre for around 300 cal. When I am working evenings or off for the day, I prefer cooking.

OK...thank you!
  • nutmegoreo
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nuts are a nice addition too.
  • jenn308
    Options

Like almonds?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    jenn308 wrote: »

Like almonds?

I find almonds are the best flavor wise. I have tried other nuts as well, but most of them I would rather just eat.
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    About 40g of Peaches, pineapples berries spinach, 6 baby carrots and protein, delicious
  • clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, Mango and papaya is supposed to be really good for digestion etc. You can usually buy the blend together frozen
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My go to is banana kale avacado blueberries and cherry tomato
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like to add oatmeal to many of my smoothies to make them a bit thicker.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Cheri1218 wrote: »
    I like to add oatmeal to many of my smoothies to make them a bit thicker.

I hadn't thought about doing that! I may have to try it :smile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I made watermelon agua frescas, and dang it's good!
    recipe:
    Watermelon slice (no seeds)
    water
    squirt of lime juice
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    LEMONS!!! I make one with dinner and have a large lemon, cucumber, kale, and beet or radish. Make sure you log your calories (if you're losing). Fruit and nuts can really add up quick. I try do do as much veggie as possible and find the lemons make it taste good without adding a bunch of calories.
  • darrinotoole
    darrinotoole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Choc powder or cocoa, peanut butter, oats, chia seeds and almond milk.
  • jenn308
    Options
    About 40g of Peaches, pineapples berries spinach, 6 baby carrots and protein, delicious

Thank you...I will definitely try that one.
  • jenn308
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
  • jenn308
    Options
    Choc powder or cocoa, peanut butter, oats, chia seeds and almond milk.

what kind of oats? i have been seeing that in alot of recipes actually.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    On fast days I do spinach, kiwi, cucumber, and coconut water. I sometimes put in some chia seeds, or green powder.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I don't want rust in my smoothie.