Fun "pay it forward" Valentines day idea (WAY Early I know!)

Options
Ok so when I couldn't sleep last night my brain came up with what I will be typing here. Technically you could do this any time of the year I just figured Vday cause I thought of it for my little sis who is single.

I know what it's like to be single that time of the year and wanted to do something fun and nice to make her smile this year. Shes in college and stressed to the max! So my brain said why not send her flowers with a note telling her to keep a few and hand out the rest to those who look sad or lonely.

Thinking about it more I talked to her about it. She loves the idea! But where we live is cold and a flower would die quickly I imagine. So when I came across wooden roses on Amazon my light bulb flashed again! Now there's lots of colors to choose from for who ever and they won't die plus I can get 4 or 5 dozen for the price of 1 dozen real roses! Now I can make her happy and dozens of others depending on how many I chose to buy!

I wanted to pass this along to others because I can't be the only one who wants to do something fun/nice for others. And this seems like a neat and cheap way to do so! I am not rich by any means so something cheap is good ;) These are the roses I plan on buying from amazon but if you look there or else where there's TONS of places to choose from! http://www.amazon.com/Dozen-Wooden-Colorful-Arrangement-Sleeve/dp/B006P2WL04/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383434543&sr=8-2&keywords=wooden+flowers

So thoughts, Questions, comments? I figured if I pass this along now the more people we might be able to make happy if that makes sense lol!

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    LOL I think of xmas all year long! :D One of our favorite things to do is the children trees where you pick one and buy things on their list!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I just ordered a couple dozen.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Can I have one??
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    Can I have one??

Absolutely <3
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    wow glad some one enjoyed this post :) It's old! forgot all about it haha
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    wow glad some one enjoyed this post :) It's old! forgot all about it haha

Did I earn one of those roses?
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    A really nice thing to do is after renting a Redbox movie, put a dollar bill and a coupon for M&M's in the plastic container before you close the movie case. So the next person that rented a movie it's a dollar and a coupon for candy to watch their movie. Win win
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like to put a bunch of ones in there, so the next person can make it rain...