Protein

Options

What's the best protein for the $$. Not just taste but calories, amount of protein, extras, etc

Replies

• lemmonjarrett
    lemmonjarrett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No doubt gold standard pro
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was going to say beans, but then I realized what you meant... :blush:
  • courtmarrow
    courtmarrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty loyal to Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Tons of flavor options and all pretty tasty. Good macros (24P, 1F, 3C) like 5 grams BCAA and 4 grams glutamine per serving. I get it cheapest Vitacost.com... $58 for 5lb or $30 for 2lb
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Do you know anyone with a Sam's Club or Costco membership? Often go on sale. If you don't like the bars, even after you eat some, you can return and get full refund. Also try target and walmart (offer exceptional refund policies in case you don't like the product).
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty loyal to Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Tons of flavor options and all pretty tasty. Good macros (24P, 1F, 3C) like 5 grams BCAA and 4 grams glutamine per serving. I get it cheapest Vitacost.com... $58 for 5lb or $30 for 2lb

It’s my favorite too. You can find cheaper protein when it comes to advertised grams of protein per dollar, but cheap protein isn’t necessarily the bargain it appears to be. "Amino spiking” is fairly common, and it results in you getting less protein than you think you’re getting. It also changes the protein grams per dollar bargain into a ripoff.

forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/#3476efc41039

Optimum Nutrition has been tested numerous times by independent labs and has been found to contain the protein claimed on the label. Other companies have passed as well.

You don’t have to buy ON’s protein, but you should make sure you’re buying from a company who has passed independent tests.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I really like muscle pharm combat. 140 calories 25g protien. You can find the 5 pound tub for around 55 bucks. With a costco membership though you can get it for 45 (also it was just on sale $9 off, so I just bought a 5 pound tub for 35 bucks that was pretty great).
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eggs