What's your favorite book?

Options

Replies

• nm2bsc
    nm2bsc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "The richest man in Babylon"
    Not a flashy or sexy choice but I love the story telling and practical principles
  • XXMISFITGIRLXX
    XXMISFITGIRLXX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started Game of Thrones, so that is my new favorite. Prior, Wuthering Heights, I'm a huge book nerd and I have a strange relationship with Heathcliff and Catherine.
  • XXMISFITGIRLXX
    XXMISFITGIRLXX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just_silk wrote: »
    Hannibal by Thomas Harris.
    Lecter was always such an interesting and brilliantly written antagonist and this was the book that gave you so much insight.

That is a very good series.
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Probably Dune by Frank Herbert. Keep wishing I had the time to read it again.
  • just_silk
    just_silk Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I have a favorite book, but some favorite authors. I'm reading Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz right now. I really liked his whole Odd Thomas series. Vince Flynn is another favorite...John Sandford...

If you liked Odd Thomas have you tried his Frankenstein series?
  • tzkully
    tzkully Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really got into the WOOL series by Hugh Howie ...excellent disopian story
  • HollyS6
    HollyS6 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't have favorites. I love to read anything fiction. Suspense, romance, paranormal, etc. I read it all. I download the free books off iBooks and read a book a week practically. I can't afford to buy books at that rate.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I have two. Too Kill a Mocking Bird. (Was forced to because it was for school, but this was the first book I read from start to finish and got me into reading). Desperation by Stephen King (the first book I read for enjoyment)
    I read TKAM in preparation for a college class (which I had to drop out of for now but am excited to re-enter). It was very interesting! I'm trying to get into its "sequel," if you will, Go Set A Watchman, but it's kinda dry thus far.
    I enjoyed the Hank the Cowdog series as a child, and loved reading The Giver in junior high school.
    Warning:potentially divisive content ahead-Of course, none of those hold a candle to the Bible, in my humble opinion.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I just bought one of the Frankenstein books. Haven't read it yet.

just_silk wrote: »
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I have a favorite book, but some favorite authors. I'm reading Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz right now. I really liked his whole Odd Thomas series. Vince Flynn is another favorite...John Sandford...

If you liked Odd Thomas have you tried his Frankenstein series?

• jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I read anything. I love going to the Library still and the bookstores. I have an unhealthy relationship with Amazon. LOL!!!
  • Rachelle24379
    Rachelle24379 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The waking forever series by Heather McVea is one of my recent faves
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Outlander. I have read it three times. I love the combination of Science fiction, pagan rituals, romance and history.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    50chicken.jpg
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    A Song of Ice and Fire is probably my favorite - I read the series twice and just A Game of Thrones 3 times.
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    One of them is:

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Common sense ideas that are not so common to everyone. If only everyone understood the intentions of the words in the book...
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The hitchikers guide by douglas adams truly a masterpiece
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The Shining. One of King's better works.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    dgoodie92 wrote: »
    The entire sword of truth series

Is it good the whole way through? I read the first 3 books a while back and fell off. I planned to go back to them but I was a little discouraged when I was told by someone that the series gets progressively worse as it goes. I didn't have a good read on how well he liked the earlier books so I don't know how to interpret his claim. If I enjoyed the first few, can I expect more of the same in the later books?

It went downhill after book 6, IMO.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    dgoodie92 wrote: »
    The entire sword of truth series

Is it good the whole way through? I read the first 3 books a while back and fell off. I planned to go back to them but I was a little discouraged when I was told by someone that the series gets progressively worse as it goes. I didn't have a good read on how well he liked the earlier books so I don't know how to interpret his claim. If I enjoyed the first few, can I expect more of the same in the later books?

You did better than I did...I fell off in the middle of book 2 :(