What's Your Best Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe?

Options
DarthMommaMisty
DarthMommaMisty Posts: 9 Member
I drink Apple Cider Vinegar every day for good health.

My morning drink:
8oz warm water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 lemon juiced
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Lunch drink: (this one's yummy)
10 oz ice water
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 lemon juiced
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw honey

What's your favorite apple cider vinegar drink recipe?

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I've heard of people drinking ACV but I've yet to figure out the point. What is it supposed to do? ACV doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy drinking.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    4 slices bacon
    1/3 c. ACV
    2 Tbl sugar
    2 hard cooked eggs, sliced
    2 green onions, sliced
    4 cups fresh spinach, washed and patted dry

Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain onto paper towel. Turn off heat and add sugar to bacon grease and mix until melted. Add ACV. Place spinach in serving bowl. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Place sliced eggs and green onions on top. Pour on hot dressing, toss, and serve.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I just like it with spring water and a bit of Stevia. Love it:]
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Kombucha starter
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    wtfffff
    why.
  • DarthMommaMisty
    DarthMommaMisty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people drinking ACV but I've yet to figure out the point. What is it supposed to do? ACV doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy drinking.

Raw unpasteurized ACV has live protein enzymes that act like a probiotic lending it's self to kill harmful bacteria in our digestive systems. I have a problem with acid reflux and heart burn. I have been drinking ACV (for about a year now) I have way less out breaks. It has also been proven to lower blood sugar. It can also give you a boost of energy because our bodies with stress build up lactic acid that makes us tiered but the high level of Amino acid in ACV breaks down those lactic acid. I'm sure other people know other health benefits but these are the ones I know of.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    4 slices bacon
    1/3 c. ACV
    2 Tbl sugar
    2 green onions, sliced

Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain onto paper towel. Turn off heat and add sugar to bacon grease and mix until melted. Add ACV. Place spinach in serving bowl. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Place sliced eggs and green onions on top. Pour on hot dressing, toss, and serve.

I was hoping this recipe would be here. I keep meaning to try it and keep losing it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    The only health benefit I've ever heard of was to help soothe ( not cure, just soothe ) uti discomfort. When I had a uti my doctor told me to take a tsp shot in the morning. He let me know that there really isn't any health benefit but soothing uti symptoms. I did it and also took the antibiotics. Have no idea if it soothed me or not.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    4 slices bacon
    1/3 c. ACV
    2 Tbl sugar
    2 green onions, sliced

Drooool
  • albania1
    albania1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    People with Rhemautoid arthritis take a shot of apple cider vinegar in the morning and after they excercise. It helps significantly with the symptoms. Athletes take it after work outs for recovery (prevents acid build up in your muscles). I take it mixed in with half a glass of water but you can start with 1/3 glass of organic orange juice. It helps me after excercise a lot.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Raw unpasteurized ACV has live protein enzymes that act like a probiotic lending it's self to kill harmful bacteria in our digestive systems. I have a problem with acid reflux and heart burn. I have been drinking ACV (for about a year now) I have way less out breaks. It has also been proven to lower blood sugar. It can also give you a boost of energy because our bodies with stress build up lactic acid that makes us tiered but the high level of Amino acid in ACV breaks down those lactic acid. I'm sure other people know other health benefits but these are the ones I know of.

Bunk, hooey and woo.

And it tastes NASTY!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Unless you use it in the salad recipe. ;)
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that's something I'd like to drink. Having said that I often use Apple Cider Vinegar, I make Caesar dressing with Apple Cider Vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic and spicy southwest mustard - that is how I get my acv
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that's something I'd like to drink. Having said that I often use Apple Cider Vinegar, I make Caesar dressing with Apple Cider Vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic and spicy southwest mustard - that is how I get my acv

I also have a cooked salad dressing that uses ACV, eggs, mustard powder, flour, sugar, etc. It is the BEST stuff for potato and pasta salads, plus deviled eggs.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    when i feel like cooking Chicken Adobo, ACV is one of the main ing..
    but for drink, nah..
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I tired ACV in hot water with honey and I almost chucked it back up where I stood!!
  • irbull
    irbull Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The apple cider vinegar and cinnamon KeVita drink is my favorite grocery store splurge. So much better than the stuff I've made with table sugars, but I obviously appreciate the ability to make one's own tonic.
  • amyisworking2
    amyisworking2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 peeled cucumber, thinly sliced; 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced; 1 tsp italian seasoning; 1 Tb ACV. Layer cucumber and tomato slices, sprinkle with seasoning and vinegar. I eat this twice a day; before lunch and dinner. Only 40 calories. Not sure if the ACV will help or not, but eating the low cal salad makes me feel like my meal is bigger and I like how it tastes. So win/win.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I use it in any cooking/prep that calls for vinegar. Shredded Brussels sprouts pan fried and finished with ACV and honey is great. Sliced cucumbers with dill and ACV is quick and easy.
    Not a fan of drinking it; I'd rather get probiotics from tastier sources. But whatever works for ya.
    My SO uses it daily as a cleanser/astringent for his sensitive and dry skin. It's the only thing that works for him this time of year! Of course it makes him smell like a salad...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    ACV is great in salad dressing. I have to try it on roasted brussels sprouts! I usually use balsamic, but I bet the fruitiness of ACV would be nice too.

I'd rather get probiotics from foods that taste good and don't eat the enamel off my teeth on the way down. Yogurt! Kimchi! Sauerkraut!

Most of the "health benefits" are old wives tales and have not been proven in studies. My mom asked her doctor about ACV for blood sugar, and was told the benefits are minimal and there are dangers to introducing that much acidity into your system daily. If you have an issue you thinks it helps though, go for it. Just rinse your mouth out with water right after you drink it, to rinse it (and the lemon juice it's often paired with) off your teeth.