Craving Pizza?

Options
I've been craving Pizza lately and decided to create something rather than picking up the phone or popping in that frozen pizza. This is a recipe that a lot of people have probably had at least once in their life... but thought I would put the info up here anyways :wink:

Here's what I've come up with:
1 Thomas 100 calorie English Muffin Cal - 100, Carb - 24, Fat - 1, Prot - 4
1/4 cup Cantadina Pizza Squeeze Sauce Cal - 45, Carb - 9, Fat - 0, Prot - 2
1 Kraft Mozeralla String Cheese (Shredded) Cal - 80, Carb - 1, Fat - 6, Prot - 7

Pop it in the oven or toaster over on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Didnt have any pre-shredded mozerella cheese so I improvised:tongue: .

It satisfied my craving for pizza!!
Enjoy

Replies

• rsmclaurin
    Options
    I've been craving Pizza lately and decided to create something rather than picking up the phone or popping in that frozen pizza. This is a recipe that a lot of people have probably had at least once in their life... but thought I would put the info up here anyways :wink:

1 Kraft Mozeralla String Cheese (Shredded) Cal - 80, Carb - 1, Fat - 6, Prot - 7

Pop it in the oven or toaster over on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    nice! :wink:
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Pizza is my absolute weakness and I was shocked to see how many calories are in a single slice from looking it up.. yikes! :laugh:
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I made these once a few months ago, and my 11-yr-old (then 10) loved them!!! He liked them so much that he learned how to make them himself, so some days I get away with not having to cook for him. My 6-yr-old daughter isn't as crazy about them, so I still have to find something for her, but she's learning how to do grilled cheese, so I may be off the hook soon - at least for one day of each weekend! :laugh:
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Thanks!! Pizza is my absolute weakness and I was shocked to see how many calories are in a single slice from looking it up.. yikes! :laugh:

I know!! Same here - absolutley love it... but its ridiculous how many calories are in a slice!
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    I love pizza too!! I made pizza pittas the other night on wholemeal pitta breads and they were ace!! Tasted just like the real thing YUM!!!

Glad you got your pizza fix in too :smile:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I was craving it too, I didn't buy any muffins so I had seen that some other folks used a la tortilla factory tortilla...so I used one for each of us, some sauce (only about a tbsp as I don't like the sauce so much, ff mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, spinach and mushrooms. I baked until toasty! Now I know what all the fuss was about.:happy:
  • KwaziiNeko
    KwaziiNeko Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    rsmclaurin wrote: »

Enjoy

THIS MAN IS A MOTHER EFFIN GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thussjr
    thussjr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love English muffin pizzas. I make them all the time. I toast the muffin, add the toppings, then stick under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Delicious!
  • KwaziiNeko
    Options
    I'm up really late, craving pizza! I can't stop thinking about pizza.
    Tomorrow I'm going to the store and definitely trying this!!!!
  • mkm81
    mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've also come up with a yummy, low cal pizza recipe! The crust is Joseph's Pitas - they are only 60 calories for the whole pita! So good! You can find them at Super Walmart and I use them all the time!

Joseph's Pitas (split it in half, so you have two small circle crusts)
    Pizza sauce
    Shredded mozzarella cheese
    Veggies, turkey pepperoni or whatever toppings you'd like

Just bake at 400 or 425 until cheese is melted etc. You can eat both "thin crust pizzas" for around 330 calories. Measure your ingredients and you are set. Totally hits the spot! :)
  • KwaziiNeko
    Options
    iyqcbzl2aw22.jpeg
    34alwatg36dn.jpeg
    I had this for lunch! It was really great!!!!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love pitas for pizza! I buy lebanese pitas at the grocery store and they are only 100 cals for one huge pita. It's like the size of a frozen pizza, seriously. So really, it's just the toppings you need to watch out for. We made a Hawaiian pizza the other night with peameal bacon, pineapple and mozzarella. So yummy!
  • chicafi
    chicafi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello people! I make pizza using whole wheat tortillas. I put them in a large pan, no oil needed, and warm till I get a crunchy texture (like a thin crust pizza). Then I put all of my toppings (mainly veggies and cheese) and to the oven!! Happy weekend everyone!
  • HarpingOn
    HarpingOn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just made and ate pizza for tea. I did 70g of dough base, 35g of home made herby tomato sauce, 30g of mozerela, 15g of pepperoni, diced half of an orange bell pepper. Tasty. My sauce just has blitzed tomatoes and dried herbs.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I usually just use the Flat Out Pizza Crusts. They are 120 Calories, very thin crust, and make about 3-4 small slices of thin crust pizza when all done. I add sausage, turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce, low or no-fat mozzarella, and whatever veggies I have on hand. Good stuff and usually fits in my macros.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I usually just use the Flat Out Pizza Crusts. They are 120 Calories, very thin crust, and make about 3-4 small slices of thin crust pizza when all done. I add sausage, turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce, low or no-fat mozzarella, and whatever veggies I have on hand. Good stuff and usually fits in my macros.

Flat outs are awesome because they are so big that you feel like you're eating a massive piece of pizza!
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Di Giorgio makes a pizza 350 cal per half pizza can't beat that
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love all of you for your amazing pizza hacks. I see so many little pizzas in my future...
  • ademirose
    ademirose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try using the low carb tortilla as the crust...really good for a thin crust pizza. I also love turkey pepperoni as a low cal option, also.