From 284-189 in 6 months & still going!!!!!

Options
Sredster
Sredster Posts: 22 Member
I have been battling weight issues for over 10 years. I've made every excuse in the damn book to get out of exercising. In July of 2015 I turned 25 and I was just tired of never being able to do things with my husband. We moved from Germany to Washington state last year and all I wanted to be able to do was go hiking. I wanted to explore the beautiful pacific north west but I couldn't be on my feet for more than 30 minutes without being in pain. My lower back and arches in my feet were always in pain. I finally stopped the excuses and started exercising. I started with 2 hours of swimming 3 times a week and lots of walks. Now I do 60 minutes of cardio 5 - 6 days a week with daily walks. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I feel. I still have a little ways to go but I'm enjoying being able to hike and explore outdoors. My goal is to get to 160 and maintain from there. I still need some motivation so feel free to add me! :smiley: I'm great at motivating others!
c1ct5pji63rn.jpg

Replies

• livingonincarolhaganlegacy
    Options
    Great job, I've lost 57 in 11 months
  • Sredster
    Sredster Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job, I've lost 57 in 11 months

That's fantastic!!!!! :)
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!!
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! What a difference. You have to feel great :)
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fantastic!
  • JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love that you were motivated by wanting to get out and hike - hiking is my favorite thing in the world, so I can completely relate! I hope you've been able to really explore the beautiful area you live in (I'd love to hike that part of the US someday) - You look amazing!
  • Euclidus
    Euclidus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I love your phone case!!
  • wundrwahl
    wundrwahl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous. Being out in nature is the best medicine. Congrats on your success and determination.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! The hiking trails are the big thing I miss about the west coast. So beautiful!
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing! :) How did you manage to lose so much in so little time? What were your calorie goals for the day?
  • kickingitup
    kickingitup Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing now just imagine when you hit your goal !
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    You look great! Really super to have achieved your goals!!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sredster wrote: »
    I have been battling weight issues for over 10 years. I've made every excuse in the damn book to get out of exercising. In July of 2015 I turned 25 and I was just tired of never being able to do things with my husband. We moved from Germany to Washington state last year and all I wanted to be able to do was go hiking. I wanted to explore the beautiful pacific north west but I couldn't be on my feet for more than 30 minutes without being in pain. My lower back and arches in my feet were always in pain. I finally stopped the excuses and started exercising. I started with 2 hours of swimming 3 times a week and lots of walks. Now I do 60 minutes of cardio 5 - 6 days a week with daily walks. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I feel. I still have a little ways to go but I'm enjoying being able to hike and explore outdoors. My goal is to get to 160 and maintain from there. I still need some motivation so feel free to add me! :smiley: I'm great at motivating others!
    c1ct5pji63rn.jpg

Thanks for sharing!! You are an inspiration! :)
  • LavenderPinkOrange
    LavenderPinkOrange Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I would love to add you, but my app is being weird and logging me out. Can you add me? I'm just starting my fitness journey, really need motivation! :)
    85355 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations!
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're doing great! Be proud. Also 189 looks great on you - you don't even look overweight in that current picture!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!