Couch to 5k...start today?

Options

Replies

• aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! It's great to read about the progress that all the c25k members are making!
    I know that some seem to be a little frustrated that the e-mails aren't coming through to the gmail account. Trust me, I'm saddened by it, too. I have yet to figure out why, but my only guess is that they maybe get filed amongst the folders that I've set up for each week. I have one for c25k introduction; c25k randoms; week 1; week 2; week 3; and week 4, so far. Aside from me going through each folder that consists of at least 20 e-mails, the only other solution I can think of is to use MFP's message system. For anyone that reads this, feel free to message me your progress on here. The need for e-mail addresses was more for the need to e-mail the spreadsheet. Again, I apologize for having people resend them (And a huge thank you to those of you who have so patiently sent your results multiple times!); I just ask for you to please be mindful that this is the 1st group I've ever been a part of and I've only been on the website consistently for a month. i'm genuinely sorry that I've had to ask some of you to resend your information. You all are great and are doing an amazing job; you're so inspirational to me and I'm so thankful that I've found my niche on this website because of all of you!
    Happy running,
    Ash : )
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Grrr went to the gym to get w4d1 done and found out I hadn't loaded it onto my ipod yet...so I did w3d4 instead....not happy with myself. Needless to say I have now loaded the rest of the podcasts up!
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    did week 5 day 2 today..was kinda rough the first 8 min. run I thought there was no way I could finish it BUT I DID! yay!! Nervous for day 3 it is a 20 min. run no stops!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done! Slowly making my way back. I'm going to start W3D1 tomorrow, I don't find doing two consecutive days too bad but I'm just doing it until I'm semi caught up. Need to give my legs a rest!
  • phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done last night. It was much easier than D1. I'm hoping that D3 will be even easier. (Not that it was easy - just easier by comparison.)
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Doing W3 D3 later today! I have been able to do all the runs so far without having to stop and yesterday I even upped my last run from 4.0 to 4.5! Going to try to do all my walking at 3.5 and my running at 4.5 today :D I love coming here and seeing how everyone is making awesome progress keep up the work guys!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done. After that nothing was hurting (except my lungs) so I did a day from W3 too. I'm hoping this extra effort will get me a little closer to running a little faster without breaking a heart rate of 170bpm.

Does anybody know if this will work? I posted this question but got no response.

OTR12
    Here is an article I can across and thought it might help. I'm not sure why your doctor is telling you not to go over 170, but I would listen to him/her. It isn't always about how fast we run but making it to the finish. Don't be in too much of a hurry. Keep up the good work.

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/5_Ways_to_Improve_Your_5K_Speed.htm
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    W3D1 finished! Gonna give myself a rest and continue on with day 2 on Sunday. I really enjoy it but the runs don't seem to be getting easier for me. Hopefully as time goes on they do...
  • Lavmann
    Options
    After my mixup on Thursday with the next week's podcast. I have completed Week 4 day 1 today...and will do day 2 tomorrow. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Did W4 D3 today! Didn't complete the 5 min runs though... LAME. And I ended up going 4.6 miles total instead of my normal 2.5 hahaha. But I think that's mostly because I kept running into people, having to stop and start again and all that. And since I didn't finish the last official 5 min run, I jogged an extra minute then did a little sprint at the end. Still worked up a hell of a sweat. I think I might repeat this day tomorrow though. And then start week 5 on Monday.

WTG everyone :)
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had an INSANE week...starting with a colonoscopy (long story) and ending with a new job in a new city starting in 2 weeks.

So I've only finished two days this week --- I will be playing a little catch up for week 5!

But all this stress, I lost 3.4 lbs this week for a TWL of 6lbs---I'm excited! And even a few people at work have said they noticed!
  • Lavmann
    Options
    I gotta say this is pretty empowering. While I may not be running quickly....I am making through all the runs!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    W4D3 completed this evening! Once again, I was worried about going into week 5, but i decided to do more than worry - so for the last 5 minute run of week 4, i ran for 9 minutes. I thought I was going to run for 8, then when i thought it'd been long enough (i counted my breaths, i'm a nerd haha), i started walking and checked, and realized this week there wasn't that silly run-walk-cooldown, so i was waiting for it to tell me to go from walk to cooldown for nothing.

Long story short, I'm ready for week5. I'm not even nervous about W5D3 anymore.

Happy week 5, everyone! You can all do it!
  • NZhogiebear
    Options
    W5D1 done, feel great to complete it, must admit though i am feeling nervous for D3 but i have surprised myself though this whole process, so i am sure i can do it (please!!! hehe)

Everyone is doing such an amazing job, so great to have you all along at the same time, keeps my motivation up to keep on running!!!
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had a major sinus infection this week and my dr told me not to run bc it will make it worse. Good thing I got through w4d3 early last week but now I feel behind. Not sure if I can do w5 this week. I still had a hard time beathing on w4 after 5 mins. Finally ran outside yesterday, its a lot harder than the treadmill and I hate not watching the clock. I feel like I can push myself more when I know how much time im doing. Gonna have to get a watch for when I run outside.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    oh dear i am whole week behind everyone now!! i really need to up my game and catch up!! might go for a run tonight i FINALLY have a back appointment tonight so hopefully the pain will subside for long enough to get a run in. going to run everyday this week for sure! i have a half marathon to train for in August now!! BRING IT ON!!

Well done to EVERYONE though you are all FABULOUS *big round of applause*
  • smcguirt
    smcguirt Posts: 11
    Options
    W5D1 in the books! I am kickin this week in the *kitten*! I felt great after my run but didn't push any extra today. Getting myself ready for W5D3 and that first long run! I got this! BEAT IT MENTALLY!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Holy crap did I just do 3 intervals of 5 minutes without STOPPING!?
    What the heck just happened?!
    W5 D1 done! Nervous for the 20 min run in 2 days! I can't believe I did this today! So proud of myself and so proud of all of you as well!

*happy dance*
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a fantastic job! No one stress about being on a different week as anyone else! The goal is just to complete the c25k program, regardless of how long it takes! Keep up the awesome work, all you runners! : )
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    starting w5d1 tomorrow, bit nervous n get the feeling i may have to repeat week 4 :'(