Options
2»

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    well last night i had peanut butter and a banana. that got me about 300. Finished the day at 1480 which is probably still to low for me. just find it hard mentally to add calories despite it most likely be the correct decision especially when i'm not hungry. I've really never been hungry in this process yet. I've lost 11.6 lbs since Dec 29...too much to fast most likely. i'll continue to try to adjust. Don't want to cram the calories late in the day.

I'm always a little surprised by the people who are trying to lose weight, but say they can't eat all of their calories because they just aren't hungry. Makes me wonder how they got to the point of having to lose weight in the first place. (Not specifically directed at you, OP, but rather a general observation).

What I suspect happens is that the beginning of weight loss is sort of like a honeymoon phase where you're so pumped about losing that hunger and fatigue don't bother you so much. Kinda like you're high on weight loss or something. You think to yourself, "Sure, I can eat 1200 calories a day and exercise 2 hours on the elliptical, and not be hungry or tired. I just have all of this energy." My guess is that once you settle in and have been at it for a while, you start to realize that maybe you really do want a little more food.

That could very well be. I have surprised myself to the point it has made me wonder if i'm recording things correctly but i weigh and don't miss recording anything i eat. For me at the moment, its just a lot of vegetables and lean proteins with very little starchy carbs so that doesn't add up to a whole lot at the end of the day. I am purposely trying to eat more calories and will settle in to the choices that work for me.

How much fat do you eat?

Average 28% during January.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My go-to's at the end of the day with extra calories are either Raisin Bran with almond milk, cottage cheese and fruit, or an Ole Wellness low carb wrap spread with PB2, drizzled with honey and wrapped around a banana. If for some reason my protein is low for the day, it's a pile of boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (nonfat, vanilla), sometimes a piece of string cheese, or some trail mix. Once in a while, though, I need a hot chocolate before bed. :)
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I meticulously plan but if I need extra I will usually add more fruit or veg somewhere.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Jack Daniels Delmonico's so i should reach my goal B)B) ...with flying colors! and a plain baked potato with a little salt and pepper and a salad or steamed broc.