Am I missing something?! Help please x

Options
rebeccataylor673
rebeccataylor673 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello guyssss

6 weeks ago I was 11stone 2. I got myself a personal trainer, I go gym 5 times a week, and I eat healthy. However since going I've put on 5 pounds?

My diet consists of no chocolate or sweets at all or bread. I have sweet potatoe, plenty of fish and chicken, spinach, granola for breakfast, fruit and aloe Vera shots twice a day with multi vitamin tablets.

a few people said I'm not losing weight is because I'm not consuming enough calories? Is this true? I consume around 1200 calories a day and burn a good 600 calories at the gym. I seem to have put on weight? Can anybody shed some light?

xxxxxx Becky xxxx

Replies

• mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Start eating back your exercise calories, maybe half of them? Your body needs more fuel I think.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to weigh all your solids ? Are you using measuring cups to measure your liquids ?
    Why do you feel like bread and chocolate shouldn't be eaten
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all solids and measuring all liquids?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    a few people said I'm not losing weight is because I'm not consuming enough calories? Is this true?

No
    I consume around 1200 calories a day and burn a good 600 calories at the gym. I seem to have put on weight? Can anybody shed some light?

"around' and "a good" are your problems. They seem to imply that you're merely guessing/estimating your caloric intake and burn.

Get accurate - measure and weigh all portions. Log everything meticulously. Don't forget any calories you may be drinking. Do it for a couple weeks, and I guarantee you will be surprised at how much higher than 1200 calories you're eating.

That said, 11st 2 isn't a terribly unhealthy weight unless you're REALLY short. With relatively little to lose, that means you have to be even MORE meticulous and accurate in calorie counting to be more successful.

• rebeccataylor673
    Options
    I don't weigh my food no, I roughly try do a cup full of each thing on my plate. I allow myself 1 cheat a week but I haven't had one yet xx
  • rebeccataylor673
    Options
    mrsb461 wrote: »
    Start eating back your exercise calories, maybe half of them? Your body needs more fuel I think.
    do you think that will help towards weight loss?xx

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh my food no, I roughly try do a cup full of each thing on my plate. I allow myself 1 cheat a week but I haven't had one yet xx

You're eating more than you think
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Guaranteed
  • Hornsby
    Options

If you don't weigh your food, you can't possibly know how much you are eating. The fact that you cut out some calorie dense items is of no matter. It comes down to calories. Buy a food scale. Weigh and track for a while. You will most likely be surprised.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Guaranteed

Qft
  • Hornsby
    edited January 2016
    Options
    do you think that will help towards weight loss?xx

No. This will not. If you aren't losing weight, you are eating more than you think most likely and possibly overestimating how much you burn at the gym. What does a workout look like?
  • rebeccataylor673
    Options

If you don't weigh your food, you can't possibly know how much you are eating. The fact that you cut out some calorie dense items is of no matter. It comes down to calories. Buy a food scale. Weigh and track for a while. You will most likely be surprised.[/quote]

I'll have to give that a go thank you!xx
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Re-evaluate what you are eating. Some granola's are calorie bombs
  • rebeccataylor673
    Options

[/quote]

No. This will not. If you aren't losing weight, you are eating more than you think most likely and possibly overestimating how much you burn at the gym. What does a workout look like? [/quote]

I do swimming once a week where I'll do 30 lengths.
    Bootcamp on Fridays where I do running club, which is 5 miles
    Once a week I also do a personal training session and I also do a classes such as body pump, zuu, spin and boxercise x
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Well, you mentioned burning 600 calories per day. That doesn't seem like 600 per day to me. Something else to consider.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    you can spend 8 hours a day in the gym 7 days a week, but if you're eating more than you burn/your TDEE then you will gain weight. weight loss starts in. the kitchen
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

If they put on 5 pounds in 6 weeks that's 17,500 extra fuel in storage, so they're good.

You need to count calories more acuratly and give it more time. It's not what you eat it's how much.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options

No ... just no. You don't lose weight by eating more calories. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit.

OP, are you weighing your solids and measuring your liquids? Most people, if they're not measuring and making sure the MFP entries on which they're relying are accurate, under-estimate how much they're eating and over-estimate how much they're burning. Where are you getting your calorie burns from? MFP, cardio machine, fitness tracker?