Breakfast ideas??

Options
I am sick of eating the same old stuff for breakfast. Can you help me? Please share your favorite breakfast meals. :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What is the "same old stuff" you're currently eating?
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    On weekdays when I'm at work I'll bring Old Fashioned Oatmeal . I like salty food in the morning. Have not been able, NEVER, to eat doughnuts or cake in the morning, so I add salt and 1/2 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese. On weekends I will make myself an omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, and add some vegetables inside with one Thomas Whole Wheat Muffin.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The day before cook more at dinner or lunch so that you can save some food for breakfast.
  • CaptainPepperJack
    CaptainPepperJack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have to eat when I get to work, I can't eat until I have been awake for a while. I bring Activia Yogurt and a container of blueberries. Easy, quick - can change up the flavors of yogurt.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    my current fave is old fashioned oatmeal and stir in PB Fit and bananas! and if you make the oatmeal with milk pretty high protein too.
  • brentsgurl
    brentsgurl Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I usually have an egg, turkey bacon, or an omelet with lots of veggies. I did make ww banana nut pancakes for this week, but i'm already sick of them. I really wish i liked oatmeal but i don't. :(
  • brentsgurl
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    The day before cook more at dinner or lunch so that you can save some food for breakfast.

usually what i do for my lunch :)
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I go through phases and can stick to the same breakfast for months, then I suddenly get sick of it and switch to something else.

This being winter, these days I'm cooking up four cups of Red River/Steel Cut Oatmeal at a time (4 cups prepared). This batch I made with raisins and cinnamon. I keep the cereal in the refrigerator in mason jars and take out a serving at a time, microwave for a minute, and add Greek Yogurt. And sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter. Or a tablespoon of sunflower seeds. Sometimes I microwave with a bit of frozen fruit. We keep mangoes and strawberries in the freezer.

Three breakfasts you can make in a mug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4sObSKd3yU
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from the night before, toast/tortilla with nut butter, or oats (sorry!).

What about oatmeal don't you like? If it's the texture, I don't have any help. But if it's the sweetness, have you tried savory oats? Or you could try another grain like rice or quinoa.
  • evayna
    evayna Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is chocolate chia pudding, banana, hard-boiled egg, and tea <3
  • brentsgurl
    Options
    I have never been able to eat oatmeal, it makes me gag. It's honestly one of the only things i can think of that i don't like. It's probably the texture more then the taste. Maybe i'll try it again adding some fruit or something to it, to see if that helps. I feel like if i eat a yogurt and fruit i'm starving all morning.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is a handful each of strawberries (chopped), blueberries and raspberries with 85g Greek yoghurt, a spoonful of honey, a teaspoon of chia seeds and a teaspoon of a Q10, flax, walnuts, almond and brazil nuts mix. :)
  • alden7492
    alden7492 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really love a scramble, heavy on the veggies of course! I do about 1/2 cup (each) of whatever veggies I have on hand-broccoli, onion, peppers, asparagus, spinach-add some coconut oil and some sort of lean meat and an egg and voilà! Light on carbs and heavy on protein
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Cereal? Most versions of Cheerios are low fat, low sugar, and gluten free (if you need that), and are around 100-110 calories per cup (a cup is roughly 30 grams).
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Well, this helps, knowing you don't like oatmeal. Perhaps try dry cereals instead then, supplementing with an egg or a few nuts for protein.

There is no reason to eat foods you hate when reforming your diet.

So what have you been eating that you're bored with it? So I can stop making suggestions that don't work for you.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit can be helped with a side of toast and a couple of nuts to add a little carbohydrate and fat. This will extend your satiety through the morning.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    brentsgurl wrote: »
    I have never been able to eat oatmeal, it makes me gag. It's honestly one of the only things i can think of that i don't like. It's probably the texture more then the taste. Maybe i'll try it again adding some fruit or something to it, to see if that helps. I feel like if i eat a yogurt and fruit i'm starving all morning.

Nah, life is too short to choke down something you hate.

Yogurt and fruit would leave me starving too. What about a breakfast burrito or a sandwich? You can throw most of it together the night before and assemble it in the morning. Fillings can include anything you want: my personal favorites are beans, tofu, faux meats, guacamole, and vegetables (I don't do meat, dairy, or eggs -- you obviously can include whatever you enjoy).
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Yogurt and fruit can be helped with a side of toast and a couple of nuts to add a little carbohydrate and fat. This will extend your satiety through the morning.

Toast! I always forget about yummy toast!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Oops, I see upthread you have mentioned your typical breakfast; omelet or pancakes. So I say stay away from omelet and pancakes for a month or two until you start missing them again. And stay away from cooked oatmeal forever.

Hard boiled egg and toast.
    Fruit salad with Greek Yogurt and an English muffin.
    Muesli and yogurt.
    Granola and yogurt (measure the granola carefully; it's calorie-dense).