Vegan Biccies or Cookies

Options
Peanutbutter-chocolate chip cookies
This is a tripling of the recipe. You could also sub brown or granulated sugar for the other. The original recipe called for just granulated. Another note: This recipe is gluten-free; original recipe called for wheat flour. (I have no idea on calories, so don't eat the whole batch!)

3 cups peanut butter
6 Tbsp peanut oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup molasses
3 tsp molasses (actually forgotten, but in the accounting at the start.)
1 cup coconut milk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups oat flour milled in blender
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 cup choc chips

Preheat oven to 350º
Mix dry ingredients
Mix wet ingredients (Sugar is a wet.)
Combine wet and dry.

On greased sheet, bake flattened balls for ~10 minutes.

(I later baked the remainder as bar cookies in a baking dish. They rose just right and turned out quite nicely.)

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    sound delish :)
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Might not want to use granulated sugar, unless you know how they process it. Google bone-char for those who don't know about sugar yet.

I'm going to make vegan cupcakes for my b-day this weekend... I'm going to kill my calorie count for the day, and that's fine by me :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have a complete weakness for peanut butter!

Are these chewy? I'm thinking they are with all that molasses...
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Karincakes,

I love peanut butter too, and a couple people suggest I get PB2. It just came in the mail today, and I'm going to try it this weekend! WAaay less calories, and fat, and 5g of protein.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Hey Karincakes,

I love peanut butter too, and a couple people suggest I get PB2. It just came in the mail today, and I'm going to try it this weekend! WAaay less calories, and fat, and 5g of protein.

I'm a huge PB2 fan!
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    Yeah, they are chewy. (If they weren't, they wouldn't be any good, would they?)

I think one day I made them for my son and we had no gran sugar so it was all molasses and a tiny bit of brown sugar left in the pantry. Those were actually the best.

Let me know what you do with them. Recipes are like the hoop to shoot through, in my opinion, but we may all have different targets. I'm curious to see where this goes in other kitchens.