Logging Walk Steps

Options
Hi! Just started MFP agan for the 2nd or 3rd time, but just discovered the FORUMS! !!! YAY!!!!

So I'm a little confused about logging my steps. I am on my feet all day at work and average 6,000 steps per day. I put in "lightly active" (or whatever the level above sedentary is).....so do I log those steps? Or are they "built in" to the calories MFP calculated for me?

Replies

• HelloAgainJen
    HelloAgainJen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you have an activity tracker?

I have a fitbit flex and it just makes it so much eaiser. It picks up my steps and add's an additional calories earned. I know they are not perfect but I figure its close enough.
  • beataparsons
    beataparsons Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I use a pedometer on my phone since its ALWAYS on me. Should I be logging those calories burned if it's normal for me?
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Unless it's a purposeful walk for exercise, it's included in your lightly active setting.
  • brucemily
    brucemily Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can sync your phone with MFP so it automatically uploads your daily step count and gives you exercise calories for it. That's what I do - you have to have the MFP app on your phone to do so. Then I separately enter any exercise I do (gym, etc).
  • beataparsons
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    I wouldn't. Unless it's a purposeful walk for exercise, it's included in your lightly active setting.

That's what I thought.

Thanks!!
  • beataparsons
    Options
    brucemily wrote: »
    You can sync your phone with MFP so it automatically uploads your daily step count and gives you exercise calories for it. That's what I do - you have to have the MFP app on your phone to do so. Then I separately enter any exercise I do (gym, etc).

I use a preloaded pedometer that won't sync but it's ok, I just enter any exercise manually.