white rice questions

Options
Due to my lifestyle and constantly getting forced-fed by my friends (usually white rice and some dishes. I usually eat everything as i hate seeing food go to waste) after losing alot of weight, i wonder if it is possible for me to not gain weight or fats after eating alot of white rice but still staying within my calories limit? I have heard alot of horror stories about white rice.. So i would need opinions from mfp users :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    White rice isn't going to make you gain weight or add fat to your body if you are eating within your calorie goal.

It isn't a magic food that defies the laws of energy. If it did, we could send it to areas where people are starving and feed it to them so they could gain weight while consuming fewer calories than they need.

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If you are healthy I believe it would be fine. In some countries it's a staple, no? It has a high glycemic index and if you have blood sugar issues (like me) you have to watch the portions.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    LeanAndMean, i don't mean to sound stupid. but how are your friends CONSTANTLY force feeding you? Don't you have control over what you eat? my friends, and family for that matter, have NO control over what i eat. if i don't want it, then i am not eating it. they can beg and plead, but if i don't want it, it ain't going in my body
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What horror stories have you heard about white rice?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    No problem with white rice if it fits in your calorie and macro totals. Most of it is enriched anyway so it is just as nutritious as brown that hasn't been enriched.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Due to my lifestyle and constantly getting forced-fed by my friends (usually white rice and some dishes. I usually eat everything as i hate seeing food go to waste) after losing alot of weight, i wonder if it is possible for me to not gain weight or fats after eating alot of white rice but still staying within my calories limit? I have heard alot of horror stories about white rice.. So i would need opinions from mfp users :)

White rice is the Event Horizon of foods?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

White rice is the Event Horizon of foods?

tumblr_nc0hmrFAU11tuzl74o1_500.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well it's fine as long as you're not underestimating how much rice you are eating. But learn to say no or find new friends...
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I know it's hard to believe, but you CAN say no to people.
    And no, there's not something special about white rice that will make you gain fat, if you are consuming an amount at or below your calorie goal.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You think white rice is bad?

Brown rice is even worse.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of lifestyle involves being force-fed by friends, sounds kinda kinky to me. What horror stories have you heard about white rice? Like it hides under the bed, comes out after dark and eats your gainz?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Not sure what kind of lifestyle involves being force-fed by friends, sounds kinda kinky to me. What horror stories have you heard about white rice? Like it hides under the bed, comes out after dark and eats your gainz?

Great. Now I'm going to have nightmares.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The white rice gotta go mane. Sad truth but truth nonetheless.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The white rice gotta go mane. Sad truth but truth nonetheless.

Truth?

Neigh.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    There's no difference in eating white rice as there is in having any other type of calorie. Worst case, you retain water for 1 -2 days. Calories. That's what matters. the rest is myth. Think about it - Japanese people have rice with nearly every meal (and the white stuff too). They are known as a nation of thin people - why? Because a lot of them control how many calories they eat plus they keep active.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

That's ricist.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Top of my list in "frequent foods" -- white rice. And I've managed to maintain for around 2-3 years now. I do eat less of it than I used to though, and eat more veggies instead.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

That's ricist.

You just made my day @brower47 :grin:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

That's ricist.

win10.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    white rice was invented by Lucifer after he got thrown out of the garden of eden, true story ....

I believe the forbidden fruit had white rice in it...