A long, hard, wonderful process! 215lbs- 130lbs- 160lbs with muscle!

Options
2»

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Stunning, I hope to have legs like yours in the end :)
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    BeccaBoos1 wrote: »
    n5sog9fyaddy.jpeg
    You never truly understand the magnitude of your weightloss until you achieve it. You hear countless people complain about being unsuccessful, starting and stopping, and simply lacking the motivation or drive to reach their goals. I truly believe that unless you have that moment where you look in the mirror and know that becoming healthy is not an option but a necessity, you will be successful. Excuses go out the window, and that's what happened for me. The picture on the left isn't even my heaviest. I stopped wanting to be photographed around 215lbs and rarely had more than a face picture. I gained the bulk of my weight in high school eating fast food and binging at parties and get togethers. By college I really began to feel the hurt of my lack of confidence and comfort in my own skin. I spent countless hours trying to make my hair and makeup perfect, because I never felt my body could win someone over. I started making small changes after I got an upcoming job at a children's camp for the summer. It hit me I'd have to be in a bathing suit, and my anxiety sky rocketed. I figured what better start then now. I set out some realistic goals and started slow with portion controlling, cutting out junk, and exercising. I lost about 25lbs that Summer and I didn't stop there. I fell in love with fitness! I began kickboxing, outdoor bootcamp, yoga, and HiiT. I began eating clean 90% of the time, but not allowing food to restrict my enjoyment of life, friends, and family. The hardest struggle was achieving this balance, as there was always fear of slipping back into my old ways. The biggest accomplishment though was learning to love my body, imperfections and all. Accepting your shape, size and limitations is the most important thing. I learned to strive for being the best me possible, not the image of someone else. I finally felt like my outsides matched my insides. I went down to 130lbs, but have since gained 30lbs of MUSCLE! I now rest around 155-160lbs. I've accepted that pounds are not the end all be all of weightloss. It's about so much more. It's an emotional journey that is so hard and so very, very worth it.

GREAT story and thanks for sharing. Congratulations
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look amazing! Although I do want to mention at you were beautiful in your before picture too. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • nm2bsc
    nm2bsc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congratulations on your success!
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! I especially like the part where you gained 30lbs of lean meat! Ya girl :smile:
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
  • hmacks52
    hmacks52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Impressive, great work and adding the muscle will pay dividends!!!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are gorgeous! Looking fab!
  • Raw_Forever
    Raw_Forever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dang! What a transformation. Kudos
  • dsbroussard82
    dsbroussard82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look so alive and your legs are stunning!
  • RavinJM
    RavinJM Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing!
  • PhillipEggers
    PhillipEggers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to puke...
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ijmapara
    ijmapara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wowzers!!! Congrats on this epic journey.. Yeah u are indeed very inspirational!! Hopefully 1 day I can have same success as you!!
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am going to puke...

Beauty and strength make you nauseous? Lol :D
    I think she looks beautiful it's good to see someone with similar proportions as me to give me more oomph in my motivation. Thanks for sharing!
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stunning and inspirational! Congrats!
  • BeccaBoos1
    BeccaBoos1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the love! It's important to know I'm not a naturally thin girl! I've always been an athletic build with strong legs and shoulders. I have to work hard to maintain my weight and be careful with my eating habits, so don't lose your motivation, because you're not the only one who has bumps in the road to get over. I have bad eating days too and my weight fluctuates. Most important I'm 1000x healthier, and that's what counts. The weightloss is just a bonus! Keep it up guys!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    And now you're someone others want to mimic! You're stunning, and well done on all the hard work and dedication. GOALS! :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!