What reward system did you use or are you using?

1235»

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I have tried to replace one physical reward (food) with another (massages!). For every month I'm 'good', I book a massage. That or workout gear. Anything that will get me in the gym to try it out. Probably both unnecessary, but they work for me.

oh yea. a massage is in my near future!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I have a plain mason jar. It held 150 marbles, one for each pound I need to lose.

When I go down to the next lower pound, I move a marble to my beautiful, sparkly, purple vase.

I never move them back. Twice since I started I have gone up by 10 pounds before I started losing again.

So far, there are 123 marbles in the "new me" jar and only 27 in the "old me" jar!

It's a really stunning reminder of how much hard work it takes to lose weight. When I show it to friends and family they are left speachless!

Love this!!! I may do it too!!!

• 1kk1N
    1kk1N Posts: 2 Member
    I give myself treats all the way through, my first is once i loose 10kg i will head off to the hairdresser and get my hair dyed professionally, once i have lost 20kg I will go shopping for some new clothes ( I will need them) 30kg my parntner and i will be staying a night away from the kids in a motel 40kg (the full amount) well haven't decided yet I just no it will be big and it will be fun. I need rewards gives me something to strive towards :) (A bit like a child with a merit chart really :P
  • A new item of clothing. Wait, are we supposed to stop the rewards system once we are maintaining? Shhhhh, don't tell my hubby :wink:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    A new item of clothing. Wait, are we supposed to stop the rewards system once we are maintaining? Shhhhh, don't tell my hubby :wink:

lol no you should never stop! your secret is safe with me
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    I've been doing dietbets where you bet that you can lose 4% of your body weight is 4 weeks. If I win, I get my money back and split the pot with the other winners. I've been saving up my winnings other than what I put out for the next bet, and I'm going to buy new clothes with it! I've done 4 so far and won each time.