white rice questions

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Not sure what kind of lifestyle involves being force-fed by friends, sounds kinda kinky to me. What horror stories have you heard about white rice? Like it hides under the bed, comes out after dark and eats your gainz?

i heard if you say white rice three times all your muscles turn to fat....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thought you wanted to bulk OP?
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    You think white rice is bad?

Brown rice is even worse.

That's ricist.

nice
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Beware the red rice. Dang those Communists.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    White rice is not a bad thing and I handle it like any other type of starch-based food. Well, maybe not exactly the same, but still, it's starch/carb. Like @lorib642 mentioned, the GI is higher, but I still eat white rice but make sure it fits in my calorie/macro goals. My boyfriend is one of those who only go with white rice (not even the high-fibered brown rice) for major meals. Since it's tiresome for me to cook my portion separately, I usually just go with white rice but either reduce the amount significantly or add a few Tbsp of quinoa when I cook it (of course I'm responsible for most of the quinoa).

I'd never allow anyone to force-feed me, and OP, maybe it's time for you to educate your friends. Make up an excuse and make them give up this idea of force-feeding since it makes you feel like it jeopardizes your plan.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    By cooking your rice with a little bit of coconut oil and then refrigerating it you can reduce the calories.

Study here: rice rice baby
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options

Why?
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options

That's ricist.
    ndj1979 wrote: »

i heard if you say white rice three times all your muscles turn to fat....

I'm dying! :D
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

That's ricist.

ahah

Ahahahahahaha ha

@brower47
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    dotti1121 wrote: »

Why?

Lol don't question the facts.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    favorite-foods.png
  • LeanAndMean1991
    LeanAndMean1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    vczk2t15 wrote: »
    LeanAndMean, i don't mean to sound stupid. but how are your friends CONSTANTLY force feeding you? Don't you have control over what you eat? my friends, and family for that matter, have NO control over what i eat. if i don't want it, then i am not eating it. they can beg and plead, but if i don't want it, it ain't going in my body
    Not sure what kind of lifestyle involves being force-fed by friends, sounds kinda kinky to me. What horror stories have you heard about white rice? Like it hides under the bed, comes out after dark and eats your gainz?

Hey.. I usually eat out. Even though i exercise maximum control, they would find ways and means to get around it. For example, when we are eating together, They would all proceed to buy their food leaving me to reserve the table (In Singapore, places which you get to eat is usually extremely crowded (Foodcourt or Hawker Centers.etc)). But after they ordered, i would always find my portion with their order even though i told them not to get anything for me in the first place. Their reasons being that i have lost wayyyy too much weight and i look very pale and malnourished (Kindof true).

FYI, i came from a not-so-rich family last time and there was a period which i needed to survive on white bread alone for the month. Hence, i really detest wasting any food. Instead, i will just begrudgingly eat those food they brought.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Combined you get tannins. Worse then a tanning bed.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

That's ricist.

(2+ hours later someone finally hits the high hanging curve ball.)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    By cooking your rice with a little bit of coconut oil and then refrigerating it you can reduce the calories.

Dramatically, huh?

And where do you suppose these calories disappear to?
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LeanAndMean, i don't mean to sound stupid. but how are your friends CONSTANTLY force feeding you? Don't you have control over what you eat? my friends, and family for that matter, have NO control over what i eat. if i don't want it, then i am not eating it. they can beg and plead, but if i don't want it, it ain't going in my body

Hey.. I usually eat out. Even though i exercise maximum control, they would find ways and means to get around it. For example, when we are eating together, They would all proceed to buy their food leaving me to reserve the table (In Singapore, places which you get to eat is usually extremely crowded (Foodcourt or Hawker Centers.etc)). But after they ordered, i would always find my portion with their order even though i told them not to get anything for me in the first place. Their reasons being that i have lost wayyyy too much weight and i look very pale and malnourished (Kindof true).

FYI, i came from a not-so-rich family last time and there was a period which i needed to survive on white bread alone for the month. Hence, i really detest wasting any food. Instead, i will just begrudgingly eat those food they brought.

You still don't have to eat it if you aren't hungry. Is taking it home not an option? Practice saying "no", and if you're tired of saying "no", just ignore them until they change the subject. It probably makes you uncomfortable going against what your friends want, but it's your life - don't be such a pushover. And you don't have to let the negative things in your past dictate your life in the present. Okay, so you had to survive on only white bread for a month. What now? You made it past that and are clearly doing much better...especially with all these friends shoving food at you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »

Dramatically, huh?

And where do you suppose these calories disappear to?

9paiw84qe6s3.gif
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

If you tell them to not get you food, and they do, and you eat it, you are training them to not take you seriously.

But, are you underweight now?
  • kellylynncarrier
    kellylynncarrier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law told me about cooking white rice a certain way and cooling it to reduce the calories by as much as 60%. I found her reference here:
    http://time.com/3754097/rice-calories-starch/
  • kellylynncarrier
    kellylynncarrier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz also references this tip for cutting the rice calories in half.
    http://www.doctoroz.com/article/how-cut-calories-rice-half