Thought today was a non-scale failure

Options
Thriceshy
Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
Because I decided not to work out. However, we wound up taking our boy to a local park with a duck pond. I thought I was just going to shamble from the car to the pond (about an eighth of a mile) and back. Something the pain would have kept me from trying a few months ago. But instead, I walked to the pond with no real pain in my back. Sat for a while feeding the geese and ducks, and then thought it might be nice to go to another spot and feed some different birds. Then I wanted to see about the catfish, so I walked another ways. And then I walked the entire circuit of the pond--about a half mile. With only a couple of stops, at a "normal" pace. Then the eighth of a mile back to the car--uphill. Doesn't sound like much, but I am sure I wouldn't have been able to do that a few months ago. Certainly not without stopping every few dozen feet in agony because of my back.

I know 30 minutes of walking is no big deal for a lot of folks, but I haven't been able to walk for 30 minutes with only a couple of short sit downs in years.

Kris

Replies

• nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!! Being able to do something that you havent been able to do is an accomplishment! Kepp ip the work and then you will be able to do 45 min then and hour and so on!!! Keep it up!!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Way to go!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! Congrats! Keep it up; you're doing amazing!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Awesome on your success!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Keep up the awesome work!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment :)
  • rebeccajoy
    rebeccajoy Posts: 45
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Very happy for you!!! Keep rejoicing at your successes!!! You are doing great!!!

Cheering you on!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! Keep it up and soon you'll be walking much more often!
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is a great NSV story!! Way to go!!
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You're really doing great to have lost so much and now you can start telling it with your activity.
  • swimtaxi
    swimtaxi Posts: 20
    Options
    It's definitely a great feeling to know that little changes have made a difference! I feel much the same way that I'm starting to do squats in my work outs and my knees aren't killing me like they used too... Celebrate!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!