10 minute trainer

Options
Hello

I'm using Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer. (I do 20 minutes depending on what is recommended on the training calender) I was wondering if anyone knows what the calories burned are? Maybe I should put it as core training?

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello

I'm using Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer. (I do 20 minutes depending on what is recommended on the training calender) I was wondering if anyone knows what the calories burned are? Maybe I should put it as core training?
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I'm interested in an answer also. I bought a dvd that has 5 10-minute sessions and it looks to be aerobic so wondered if I would put it in as aerobic workout for the amount of minutes I complete?
  • jawaria
    jawaria Posts: 86
    Options
    Hello

Is it good? I saw the infomercial but i was not sure if it really worked? My husband wants to get it so both of us can workout together during winters...is it good and are the excercises effective in 10 mins?
  • marehead
    Options
    I have been using this for 2 weeks now - trying to do 3 of the exercises a day following the calendar too. I would also like to get an idea on how many calories we are burning - i cant find anything comparable in the list of exercises here....
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm going to 'bump' this topic and hope we get some input since today is Saturday and there might be more activity online? I would like to know how to post the calories worked on these kind of dvd's/videos.

so.....BUMP
  • jawaria
    jawaria Posts: 86
    Options
    Bumping for answers!
  • marehead
    Options
    I found the name of someone on here who is a coach at Beachbody - which is where the DVD comes from. I sent them an email to see if they had any calorie info..... waiting on an answer...

Ill keep everyone updated...
  • imcrystal
    Options
    My husband is a Beachbody coach and I asked him this question. He said that the calories burned is different with every individual person. It depends on whether or not you are doing the program with high intensity or low intensity. He uses a heart rate monitor which tracks how many calories are burned depending upon your level at which you are doing the program. They never publish how many is actually used because everyone is different.

Hope this helps???

You can log into the Beachbody websites for free and put your workouts in there daily. You could win prizes as well!!! That way it can help you track what you are doing. You can find out more by visiting his website at itpays2getfit.com.

Hope this answers your question.
  • marehead
    Options
    My husband is a Beachbody coach and I asked him this question. He said that the calories burned is different with every individual person. It depends on whether or not you are doing the program with high intensity or low intensity. He uses a heart rate monitor which tracks how many calories are burned depending upon your level at which you are doing the program. They never publish how many is actually used because everyone is different.

Hope this helps???

You can log into the Beachbody websites for free and put your workouts in there daily. You could win prizes as well!!! That way it can help you track what you are doing. You can find out more by visiting his website at itpays2getfit.com.

I went on to the beachbody site - however they want you to pay to become a full member. Thats not what i was looking for. I like this site here because they have everything all together - food and exercise - and can better track your progress. They should be able to give an average amount of calories burned per 10 minute session....
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Exactly. The basic calorie breakdown would be great. A million dollar company such as Beachbody should be able to post the information and not suck you into joining.

It does work! I used to be a gym monkey and since starting the 10 minute trainer I'm sore in ways I've never been. Fantastic for core and I need to build that foundation so I can get stronger. It's fun to feel new muscles. :smile:

Hope this helps???

I went on to the beachbody site - however they want you to pay to become a full member. Thats not what i was looking for. I like this site here because they have everything all together - food and exercise - and can better track your progress. They should be able to give an average amount of calories burned per 10 minute session....
  • Marcy105
    Marcy105 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To get an accurate calorie count you need to get a heart rate monitor. It's great. You can tell if you're working hard enough or even too hard. Go to www.polar.com for the options. Or go to a sporting goods store.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Marcy and IMCrystal are right. Everybody burns differently, even doing the same exercise. You really should invest in a heart rate monitor. I LOVE mine! It's made a huge difference in how I assess my workouts!:happy:
  • Kemeke
    Options
    I just started the ten minute trainer this week. I have lost sixty pounds since April and feel pretty good that I can manage my calorie count. I am looking at it as a chance for serious toning. Only time will tell but I agree with the people who say they hurt in odd places. I never would have guessed that I could work that many muscles in ten to twenty minutes a day. I also agree that no company can put out a claim on how many calories we burn in a workout. Some days I push myself harder than others
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I only use 10 minute trainer when I travel so I have options to work out. I was following it until my DVD player went down. Again like most things, exercising is what counts. 10 minutes is a little misleading because for optimum results you are supposed to do 2 or 3 of these 10 minutes in a day.
  • MarissaWaugh
    MarissaWaugh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Approximately 250 calories per 10 minutes. If you push yourself you may burn more and if you take it easy you may burn less, this is just an estimate. http://soreyfitness.com/fitness/calories-burned/
  • robsilb
    Options
    I Binged this topic and most put the 10 minutes excersise to burn an average of 100 calories.
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the dvds as well. I had calorie burn at 110 per dvd. I love them. They are tough and quick. I also have the P90X which I use as well. I love it ! Just bring it and eat your calorie goal and you will get fit!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Using my HRM, I would burn an average of 10 calories per minute. Pushing myself as hard as I could, definitely not taking it easy.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Approximately 250 calories per 10 minutes. If you push yourself you may burn more and if you take it easy you may burn less, this is just an estimate. http://soreyfitness.com/fitness/calories-burned/

I highly doubt it's 250 calories in 10 minutes. I can full on run a 9 minute mile with my heart racing at about 185 and only burn 120 calories in 10 minutes...

*170-ish pounds, 37 YO female.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options

You don't have to join, there is a free account. However, as others have stated, there is no "Every person burns X amount doing the exact same workout." The best way is to get a heart rate monitor and use it. If you are looking at a number though, my guess is 200 calories depending on your weight, how fit you are, and the intensity you put into it etc.