Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So um.. how did it go?
  • nicoiam69
    nicoiam69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh dear - I can't touch that stuff. Hope you don't feel too awful and you have a comfy toilet seat!!!
    I need regular colonoscopies due to a medical condition and always look at the prep beforehand as a detox or cleanse - perhaps thinking of it that way might help
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Had to google what Bai5 was...LOL...good luck
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So um.. how did it go?

My friend convinced me to buy abidet last year. I need to call her just to tell her I love her.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bai 5 are awesome though. I stay far away from anything 'fiber one'
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Bai 5 are awesome though. I stay far away from anything 'fiber one'

Fiber one only makes me gassy and crampy. Bai5 is straight out.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Watch out some people may thing that you are "detoxing...."
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I wish they worked for me.... I have chronic constipation. All that still works for me is Milk of Magnesia. :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So um.. how did it go?

My friend convinced me to buy abidet last year. I need to call her just to tell her I love her.

Lol.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I drink a Bai5 almost everyday and it has never made me gassy. Weird.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor, and while you're sitting on the can, read the reviews for these sugar free gummy bears. I think you'll be able to relate: http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA

That is a favorite source of entertainment in our family. Anytime someone new is around who hasn't read it, we take turns reading reviews out loud and we laugh until we cry. So very good for your mental health!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Oh no....I can relate. Baby wipes. Trust me.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    And I've just realized that Bai5 had TWO servings = 16 sugar alcohols. I may be here until tomorrow.

I'm deathly allergic to sugar alcohols... Like Emergency Room visit!!

On a funny note - "hope everything comes out ok".. :wink:
  • Gisel2015
    Options

I have to be very careful with that cereal too; I only have the high protein one. I was having so many problems that the doctor actually run a test to see if I had celiac. I didn't, but after trial and error, I realized that it was that cereal, specially when I was eating it almost daily. No more. I do eat Fiber One cereal (not daily) but no more than 10 to 20 grams at the time and I add to my yogurt, fruit or cottage cheese. It does the work but not to the extreme that the OP went thru.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the language in this, but i just saw it, thought of this thread, and had to share.

tSSjYbi.png
  • genivar
    genivar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel really stupid here, what the heck is a sugar alcohol? xylitol, sorbitol, erythritol?? I have never heard these words. Are these only found in the prepackaged low calories snacky foods?
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One bars, lol. One day last week I noticed that I'd had 46g of fiber. I was scared to death! Thankfully there were no side effects :)
  • genivar
    genivar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    I love the Fiber One bars, lol. One day last week I noticed that I'd had 46g of fiber. I was scared to death! Thankfully there were no side effects :)

Quest bars are also high in fiber and may produce similar side effects. For me eating more than 30 grams of fiber per day, several times a week, causes very worrisome side effects.