I need some advice ya'll

I'm female 19 years, 5'4 and weigh 132 lbs. I'm also a college student, my life is active: I bike everywhere, walk, and my job intails lifting things and more walking. I workout at minimum 4 times a week and it's usually with a 1.5-2 mile run.
I want to lose 7 more lbs but I have NO IDEA how many calories I should be eating or anything else that has to do with calories, or TDEE, or deficits.
I'm so lost, anyone who has knowledge please share!

Replies

• AlexaAdkins
    AlexaAdkins Posts: 8 Member
    iifym.com has great calculators that are super easy to use!
  • carolinegselig
    carolinegselig Posts: 12 Member
    iifym.com has great calculators that are super easy to use!
    I tried that website but didn't understand what it was asking me haha
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Scooby's workshop is extremely helpful and very easy to understand, and it helps you come up with a meal plan if you so desire to help you meet your goals.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • heatherkballard
    heatherkballard Posts: 19 Member
    I just googled "how many calories to lose weight" and a bunch of sites popped up! Just plug in your info and you're good to go! :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Yeah, use the scooby calculator and the IIFYM calculator. Seems like you are active so just account for that. Subtract 250 calories daily from your TDEE to lose .5 lbs per week. With your stats you don't really want to be aiming for anything more than that. I'm 5'4" and tried to get to 125 from 132 as well...I'm not very active so have to eat around 1500-1600 to lose .5 lbs per week. I think you'll be able to eat a bit more than that.
  • carolinegselig
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yeah, use the scooby calculator and the IIFYM calculator. Seems like you are active so just account for that. Subtract 250 calories daily from your TDEE to lose .5 lbs per week. With your stats you don't really want to be aiming for anything more than that. I'm 5'4" and tried to get to 125 from 132 as well...I'm not very active so have to eat around 1500-1600 to lose .5 lbs per week. I think you'll be able to eat a bit more than that.

Interesting... I've been eating around 1200-1300 a day. So I can possibly up my calorie intake and still lose weight?
  • arditarose

Interesting... I've been eating around 1200-1300 a day. So I can possibly up my calorie intake and still lose weight?

Yes. You can also set this app to lose .5 lbs per week. It does not include exercise so when you do cardio, log it here and eat about 50% of the calories back (the calorie burn estimates are a bit high)
  • carolinegselig
    Scooby's workshop is extremely helpful and very easy to understand, and it helps you come up with a meal plan if you so desire to help you meet your goals.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thank you!!
  • carolinegselig

Yes. You can also set this app to lose .5 lbs per week. It does not include exercise so when you do cardio, log it here and eat about 50% of the calories back (the calorie burn estimates are a bit high)

Oh okay I have it set to lose 1 lbs per week, is that too much?
  • arditarose

Yeah. You are so close to goal weight. It's aggressive to try for 1 pound. When we lose weight we lose fat AND muscle, but the slower you lose-it will be better toward saving lean body mass (especially if yore weight training and getting adequate protein) and it's just more sustainable.
  • carolinegselig

Yeah. You are so close to goal weight. It's aggressive to try for 1 pound. When we lose weight we lose fat AND muscle, but the slower you lose-it will be better toward saving lean body mass (especially if yore weight training and getting adequate protein) and it's just more sustainable.

This is exactly the right advice I was looking for. Thank you soooo much.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited January 2016
    Do you know how to accurately track calorie intake? If you do, then track what you are eating now. No changes, just track for a week. Average of the number of calories you eat in a day, subtract 500 from that to lose 1 lb per week.