After Christmas

Options
So before Christmas I was slowly losing weight despite being a bit slack on weekends (pizza here and sweets etc), then obviously Christmas hit and I indulged, however ever since this I have been gaining weight each week even though I haven't been eating as much on weekends as I did Pre Christmas (not last week as it was my birthday). I know I've increased in measurements because I record them too but this week I have put this down to my birthday weekend and am more concerned with the weight gain each week than my measurements. I exercise at least 5 times a week and this is 90% of the time HIIT then Yoga so am a quite confused and am wondering if this is happening to anyone else? :)

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I have been indulging in things that I don't normally eat since Xmas and have been cycling 2lb loss/ gain. My stomach is really bloated as these things play up my IBS. I should know better by now.
  • yapdog
    yapdog Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OP I am the same situation right now it's been going on all January. 1/2 lb up 2 weeks again then another 1 lb on top of that last week I'm now at the top of my Maintainence range and it's frustrating. I went back to my normal eating / training routine at the start of the month.
    This week I decided to tighten up on logging and train as normal and I'm hoping for a better weigh in this Saturday.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and log everything using a scale? even on weekends? If you're not losing it's because you're not in a deficit. It's very easy to wipe out a 5 day deficit in the space of one weekend without logging, especially if your deficit isn't that large to start with.

If you open your diary people can give you more accurate feedback :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    uwznk6gym57q.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K