Weight

Dose your weight go up and down a lot when you start to maintain.

Replies

• faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Personally no, but I've read a few other posts whereby weight took a while to settle on maintenance. The advice I've seen, which makes sense to me, is generally to add calories back in increments and slowly. Say 50 or 100 calories per day for a week or so, see how your body reacts. If all's good add in another 50 per day and so on until you reach a level whereby you're maintaining. I'm sure you'll get much better advice but I liked the graduality of this and you can pull it back quite easily if you encounter gains.

Good luck!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    If I'm eating exactly as I should, no. But to maintain my weight I have to eat extremely strictly and I'm not willing to give up almost all sugar, fats, and alcohol. So my weight goes up maybe 5 to 10 pounds and then I work to get it down again. As I age I do worry about the ability to get it down again, but I've never been clinically overweight.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Verdenal wrote: »
    If I'm eating exactly as I should, no. But to maintain my weight I have to eat extremely strictly and I'm not willing to give up almost all sugar, fats, and alcohol. So my weight goes up maybe 5 to 10 pounds and then I work to get it down again. As I age I do worry about the ability to get it down again, but I've never been clinically overweight.

Yes it goes up 5 and 10 pounds
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Not at the start for me but it does after the initial period of experimentation to find the right calorie level.
    3lb a day or 5lb a week isn't unknown.

I weigh daily to understand my natural fluctuations - mine are probably more extreme than some as I don't eat or exercise in a uniform way.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    My target was 165

I increased slowly from a 250 cut and kept dropping until I hit a proper maintenance around 160

But yes my weight still fluctuates

See?
    2y8fw2m8flvw.jpeg
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    For me when i eat around my maintaining calories it fluctuates a bit, not much.
    But as soon as i take a bit of a splurge and go over and eat more salty foods, i skyrock lol
    10 lbs up just like that lol

but it drops much easier too in the days and weeks after.

95069916.png
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    edited January 2016
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My target was 165

I increased slowly from a 250 cut and kept dropping until I hit a proper maintenance around 160

But yes my weight still fluctuates

See?
    2y8fw2m8flvw.jpeg

What app do you use? The graph looks better then the one from the app I use.
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Your weight can slightly up and down all the time, but not much if you are taking calories for proper maintenance and exercise everyday.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    BettyBoles wrote: »
    Your weight can slightly up and down all the time, but not much if you are taking calories for proper maintenance and exercise everyday.

lol 10 lbs not much? Because that is what i can gain in one to two nights on a 2400 calorie intake. I think it is very personal what people can fluctuate. I am salt sensitive so to say. So too much salt ( above 1500mg) makes me hold water fast. For others that can be less.

But yeah keep eating around maintenance and you drop them again

95069916.png