How much calories for evening meal?

Hi on average how many calories do ppl spend on there evening meal??

Replies

• 19Remco80
    19Remco80 Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't think you can speak of an average. Personally, I registrate my diners in the MFP-app and it depends on the amount how much I have spare for the other meals. For losing weight, it's only important to lower your calories on daily base and not specific on a specific meal.

Maybe not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I think it's different for each individual. :smiley:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I spend around 1/6 of my calories on my evening meal - half for dinner, and the rest split between breakfast, lunch and evening meal. My total "allowance" is around 1750-1800.

How much YOU should eat at each meal, is up to you. Which meal(s) do you prefer to keep small, and when do you like to eat more? Do you need to fuel workouts? Do you eat family meals? Only you can decide what is right for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    this evening's meal is about 1000 cals.

usual is anything between 600 -1000.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Depends on the day. Most times I try to keep it under 500, usually it's around 300ish. Lunch is usually my largest meal.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Dreysander wrote: »
    Depends on the day. Most times I try to keep it under 500, usually it's around 300ish. Lunch is usually my largest meal.

Same
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I usually eat about 15% of my calories at breakfast, 25% at lunch, 20% in snacks and 40% at dinner
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    I usually have 300-400 left for my evening meal. I like to save 50 for a tangerine or a square of dark chocolate.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Dinner is anywhere from 200-600 calories (depending on what I ate earlier), while my bedtime snacks are around 200-300 calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Dinner for me is 300-700 calories... 500-600 being most common.
    It isn't a strict rule just how it works out for me.
  • I know this varies a lot from person to person. For me, I do much better have one large meal rather than many small meals, so my evening meal is typically between 700-900 calories (though I also follow it up with a ~150-200 calorie bedtime snack like half an hour later, soooo...)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    I usually average
    300 for breakfast
    300 for lunch
    600 for dinner
    200 for snack
    However if i am going out for a special occasion i save some either from each day or exercise calories and spend them all on the one meal
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Looking back at when I was still dieting I'd say
    breakfast 220
    lunch 350-380
    snack veggies and/or piece of cheese: 40-100kcal
    dinner and snack: 790-700kcal
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    I usually average
    300 for breakfast
    300 for lunch
    600 for dinner
    200 for snack
    However if i am going out for a special occasion i save some either from each day or exercise calories and spend them all on the one meal

Same, except I'll usually do 100 for snacks and 400 for lunch. If it's a day where I run or do Crossfit, I eat back about 2/3 of the exercise calories and it usually goes to dinner.
  • DonaldBlinks
    DonaldBlinks Posts: 55 Member
    My breakdown is about 1/3 of my total calories for breakfast and lunch (combined), 1/3 for snacks and 1/3 for dinner.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    My breakdown is roughly 1/3 each for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Usually they are all within 100 calories of each other, tho dinner is usually the biggest as I usually having to play catch up to get to my gross calorie goal...still getting used to eating more now that I reduced my weight loss rate from 1.5 to 1.0 per week.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    My evening meal is between 500-800 calories. It's my only true "meal". I've been that way most of my life not eating much all day then one very large nighttime meal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i would guess on average 600 but it varies

my boyfriend can easily do a 1000 calorie dinner
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    900-1100 calories on my evening meal (including dessert)
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    All of them. That is the only time I eat.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Around 500.

Breakfast 300
    Lunch 300
    Evening snack #1- 150
    Evening snack #2 - 150