tiny waist , large bottom

Options
how do you girls deal with it ?! your upper half is slimmer and then you have your thighs and butt which sticks out to hong kong ! and it's wide, i know if i love who i am then no one else's opinion matters but how do you ladies love yourself for you , and get the confidence to go out in shorts and a t-shirt and just have fun !?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I've always been hippy with thunder thighs. I think in certain communities its more accepted than others. I just knew no matter how much I exercised I would have them because I had athletic build when I was younger but my hips still poked out and my thighs were thick. Hereditary can be a bish sometimes lol.

You just have to tell yourself everytime you look in the mirror that you love every inch of you. Look in the mirror and say good morning thighs...good morning booty...my my you look boudacious this morning. I think these shorts will look splendid on you.

It may sound corny but you have to do this until you know that you look good. It has to mentally sink in and the only way its going to happen is by you telling yourself that you are beautiful.

And ummm Kim K & J-Lo...hips for dayyyyyyyyyyyyys. You even have women out here getting butt implants LOL Girl shake what ya momma gave you and appreciate you for you.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    This reminded me of that rap song:

"I'm loookin' for a DIME that's top of the line! Cute face, little waist and a big behiiiiind!"

I would try to play up your curves as much as possible! Get some flowy, v-neck or scoop neck line, empire waist shirts and cute belts to wear just below the bust line. I would avoid skinny jeans and go for a subtle boot cut pant or capris that flare a little at the bottom. Feminine skirts that fall near the knee will emphasive calves, not thighs. You'll look stylish, porpotionate and probably feel more comfortable with a few new wardrobe items. The idea is draw the eye to the parts of your bod your like and want to bring out!

ROCK YOUR BODY, giiiirl!
  • MsWright28
    MsWright28 Posts: 43
    Options
    ENJOY AND LOVE YOUR CURVES! It's about how you carry it. I've always been curvy and I love it...men love it and so should you. I can't wait to get shape back to the coke bottle shape ;)
  • MsWright28
    MsWright28 Posts: 43
    Options

"I'm loookin' for a DIME that's top of the line! Cute face, little waist and a big behiiiiind!"

I would try to play up your curves as much as possible! Get some flowy, v-neck or scoop neck line, empire waist shirts and cute belts to wear just below the bust line. I would avoid skinny jeans and go for a subtle boot cut pant or capris that flare a little at the bottom. Feminine skirts that fall near the knee will emphasive calves, not thighs. You'll look stylish, porpotionate and probably feel more comfortable with a few new wardrobe items. The idea is draw the eye to the parts of your bod your like and want to bring out!

ROCK YOUR BODY, giiiirl!

GOOD ADVICE...
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I LOVE my curves. The only problem is finding pants that fit well. They're always too big in the waist or too tight in the butt/hips. Remember that most people actually WANT the hourglass figure. Try on a lot of different style of clothes and find something that's really flattering for your body type. Sure you aren't gonna wear something that looks amazing on a stick thin model but there are plenty of other things that will be flattering on you. Think Kim Kardashian...she's sexy even with a tiny waist and large bottom.
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm short and hippy with a full bottom...I've always been this way and no matter how small I get I'll always be this way. To be honest I was afraid that if I lost weight my behind would go away. I've always been complimented on my shape no matter how big or small...I suppose I carry fat well, lol.

If it's not one thing its another so you just have to accept your body and know the way you carry weight is what it is no matter how small you become.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You should love having hips and a butt!! My BF only likes girs that have hips and butts, he's not a big boob man which makes my self esteem sore cause I am only a bottom end girl!!!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I actually wish my upper body was slim! I have a small waist too but my upper body is broad and my legs are slim. I use to hate my body shape but than I learned to embrace my curves! I use to wear large clothes to hide it all the time but it only made me look bigger than what I really was so I think dressing to show off your best bits is the key! My sister is straight up and down, tall and long limbed which I envy but I wouldn't swap my small waist for anything!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

ROCK YOUR BODY, giiiirl!

I love this :heart: I really do think you have to dress to suit your shape. I'm also a pear and short and you wouldnt EVER see me in short shorts, no matter how slim I get! But I look good in baggier knee length or calf lengths. You gotta wear what you feel comfortable in and what flatters your shape. Not everything suits everybody.

Good luck, and love yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I am a pear shape as well and if I got my legs muscular enough (see: no cellulite) I would totally rock booty shorts cause I think they ONLY look sexy on girls that can fill 'em out <3
  • MissMed07
    MissMed07 Posts: 34
    Options
    Try the 200 squat challenge. For us pear shaped women, it is harder to shrink the thighs and hips, but doing a lot of squats will definitely get you ripped legs.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wake up every morning and listen to that Sir Mixalot song... "I like big butts and I cannot lie!"

...I seriously sometimes sing that song in my head when I get "bummed out" by my rather large behind. I've actually gotten loads of compliments (even when I was 20 lbs heavier than now) about my butt, by way skinnier girls than me. I guess the grass is always greener, eh?

So anyways - love your butt, and I agree with the other posters - pick some clothes to rock it, and keep it in good shape with squats and the like. :D
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    wait wait wait. Since when was having dat *kitten* a bad thing?!