size 12 model beats out size 0...

Options

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    She's gorgeous, but I dont think she looks like a size 12. Maybe more of a 6?
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    She's beautiful... don't even care about the size number. Haha. She looks great. I would NOT use the word 'fat' in any way, shape or form in describing her.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options

She's a British size 12, that's a US size 8. She looks great!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

it's a UK 12... different than US sizes...
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful... don't even care about the size number. Haha. She looks great. I would NOT use the word 'fat' in any way, shape or form in describing her.

I agree.
    She's gorgeous.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord that size 0 model looks sickly.

I'm super happy to see that some fashion designers are coming to their senses and realizing that the average woman cannot relate to a skeleton.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    she's gorgeous! 11stone=154 pounds...I'm curious about the size 12... because I wear a 12, and I'm 5'8 and about 168...154 is my ultimate goal weight LOL :)

Edited to add: just read that she is 6 feet tall.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i looked up 11 stones - that's about 154 pounds, which i think is a lovely weight! she is *so* pretty, and i love that so many viewers of whatever show this was voted her onto the final level despite what the judges had to say.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article71003.ece

I almost hope she has an eating disorder and that that body isn't just a simple choice.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    She's a British size 12, that's a US size 8. She looks great!

She is Perfect and I wish that more people would realize that size ZERO is not all it is cracked up to be!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    she's gorgeous! 11stone=154 pounds...I am curious about her height and about the size "12" because I wear a 12, and I'm 5'8 and about 168...154 is my ultimate goal weight LOL :)

So weird. I'm 5'8" and am an 8 or 10 depending on who made it. (prof pic is current weight)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article71003.ece

I almost hope she has an eating disorder and that that body isn't just a simple choice.

wowza - disturbing. she looks like walking death! who deemed this beautiful?
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sigh...I wish the "modelling industry turning towards curvy women" part would be true, but I feel like I hear the same story every few years, and yet 99% of the models are still scarily thin.

Those pictures were crazy, though! Who besides the fashion industry and pro-ana sites would deem that second girl more beautiful??
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    That the size 12 model was called fat is insane. However, this is another example of how the fashion industry has helped create a group of girls and women that have issues with their self image and worth.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    I would LOVE her body. It is tight and curvy and gorgeous and NOT fat.
  • Thompsonic7
    Options
    Wow, that article is old. I remember watching that TV series- and I also remember the aftermath. There was so much criticism for making her the winner because they said no one would want a model that weight- which sadly seems to be true as she has disappeared since them.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The second girl made me shudder. The first is gorgeous.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    old article. The top one looks healthier, but shes not model size is she. her legs are way too chunky. The bottom model is blatently underweight, and i presume the suns picture has been airbrushed to make her look worse, in fact i think the mails one has probably been airbrushed too cos her pelvis looks way too high. Eitherway, the lamé swimsuit does nothing for her, but sizewise, its hardly newsworthy that thats the sort of frame clothes designers want.

You have a beautiful curvy girl modeling the clothes, and everyone looks at the model. You have a thin clotheshanger model modelling them, and everyone looks at the clothes. Thats the idea. Theyre supposed to be waifly and thin, not beautiful and curvy

I think the ideal frame would be somewhere between the two
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    old article. The top one looks healthier, but shes not model size is she. her legs are way too chunky. The bottom model is blatently underweight, and i presume the suns picture has been airbrushed to make her look worse, in fact i think the mails one has probably been airbrushed too cos her pelvis looks way too high. Eitherway, the lamé swimsuit does nothing for her, but sizewise, its hardly newsworthy that thats the sort of frame clothes designers want.

You have a beautiful curvy girl modeling the clothes, and everyone looks at the model. You have a thin clotheshanger model modelling them, and everyone looks at the clothes. Thats the idea. Theyre supposed to be waifly and thin, not beautiful and curvy

I think the ideal frame would be somewhere between the two

Her legs are not "way too chunky." Wow.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    316q1ld.jpg