*Creeps out from the lurker corner*

Options
Hey all!

I've been lurking around this site for a while and finally decided to make a profile and set some goals to lose some weight. I'm 21, 5'7" and currently weigh around 170 (I don't have a scale in the house and the only time I can weigh myself is when I'm over at a friends house). I used to never have a problem with weight. I leveled out at 130 after I stopped growing and stayed there until now. I don't know what happened but after I started taking birth control, my weight has been anything but stable and now, after getting off of birth control, I have been the heaviest I've ever been.

I'm also looking for some fitness pals. My friends are anything but fitness finatics so I don't really want to ask them to come with me on this "journey" because they would be like: "Walks? Hiking? Uh...let's just play Portal 2 m'kay?". Also, my goal isn't necessarily weight loss; my goal is more to "look good" again. Flat tummy, small upper arms and thighs, all of that stuff. If I wound up weighing 145 but that weight was all lean muscle, I would be content.

Sorry for the life story lol. It's just that I'm trying to figure out what caused my sudden ballooning and if anyone has any input on my situation. Hope to meet a bunch of new people! :)

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome, lurker! It's a great site with tons of support. You'll get sorted. :)
  • niresupernova
    Options
    Welcome :)
    Good luck to you! It is good to be motivated, even if your friends aren't too excited about physical exercise. Add me if you are looking for friends!
  • louisewills
    louisewills Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've not long joined and this is my first post but we're nearly the same height and have the same goals so thought I'd reply. I'm 5'8 and weigh 149 as of this morning. I did weigh 144 (the lowest in years) last month but lack of motivation saw me eating everything I felt like and have gained 5lbs because of it. I'm very determined to make it stick this time though! Feel free to add me or message me. Good luck!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm elisa. I'm always looking for new pals on here. Little info on me. I'm turning 26 on monday. I am 5'4" and 154lbs. I have 2 kids. If you would like to add me feel free.
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    it's a good site. can't help but wonder.....125 for you being so tall seems a little to thin :( that's my goal and i am 3 inches shorter than you....PLUS, 125 on me looks really thin....i can only imagine what it would look like on you.

glad to hear you want to tone up, muscle burns fat, so if you gain some muscle, you're going to look better anyways, regardless of the weight that the scale says.

have you taken your mesurements?
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! =]
    this site is great. add me if you'd like. but to sorta answer your question i was the same way with my birth control!! =[
    i weighed and average 125 to 128 in highschool before i took birth control... then i took it and now im at 139... (well technically i was at 155 lol) but im still on birth control. i just have to control these cravings they seem to give me -_- stupid things lol. but as i said this site is wonderful. as far as havigna scale i would definitely invest in one (even a cheap 20 dollar one from walmart or soemthing) because it definitely keeps you motivated when you see the numbers drop =]
  • RiverInTheRoad
    Options
    Thanks for all of the warm welcomes and new friend requests! With all this support, I don't think I'll have much of a problem keeping on track. Thanks again gals!

As for the fear of 125 being a little too skinny for me, I do see where you are coming from. Like I stated before, I used to weigh around 130. Even then, I still had a VERY slight kangaroo pouch. I translated that to about 5 lbs so figured if I wanted a flat tummy, I'd have to try for that extra 5 lbs. 125 for a 5'7" female is still categorized as "Normal weight " though it is on the very end of that scale leaning towards unhealthy skinny. I'm not one to turn a blind eye to what I look like and if I feel like a walking skeleton at 125, I'll bump it up. It would be hard for me to technically get to 125 considering that I'm going to be working out almost every day and building up muscle so I'm just seeing how it goes. I'll adjust my goals as I get a better idea of how my body will react to this new meal and workout plan but until then, it's set at 125. Thanks for the concern though! I'm definitely not going for the skeleton look. :P