Favorite gluten-free convenience foods?

Options
I generally eat whole foods I've prepared myself, but sometimes it's a lifesaver to have something quick and easy that isn't just an apple :) So many not great and overpriced GF options out there, what are your favorite gluten-free convenience foods?

Inspired by a really good Amy's bean and cheese burrito.
Also, TJ's new GF pretzels and Evol breakfast scramble cups

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    There are some decent GF protein bars at Walmart.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Deleriously happy today as I found a box of Walmart brand individual serving g.f. mini chocolate chip cookies. They were yummy. I usually make my own as home made g.f. anything is usually cheaper, but as I am the only one who had to eat g.f. in our house I often don't bother to make myself cookies, just regular ones for the rest of the family. 110 cals a bag fit my calories too. The Walmart g.f. Oreos and other cookies are really good and cheaper than the brand name g.f. ones.

Edit to add that I like the Amy's burritos too. I keep a couple in the freezer for those nights where I don't want to make two meals.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I personally love the Udi's meals. Tonight we had their meat lasagna and it was amazing. I have also had their Mac and cheese, sweet potato ravioli, chicken parm, vegetable lasagna and chicken puttanesca. All were amazing.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Cheese and pepperoni sticks, nuts and coconut or a homemade trail mix, hard boiled eggs, smokies, burger patties, cans of tuna with mayo, avocado with some lemon, veggies with cheese dip, coffee with cream ... These are my snack and travel foods.

I tend not to buy foods labeled specifically as GF because they are often overpriced, have added sugars, and tend to lack nutrients. I find it best to stick with foods that are naturally GF.

Other GF foods ( but don't fit my macros) are rice, baked or nuked potato, quinoa, etc.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    When I was eating at a higher carb level I really liked Annie's microwave Mac and cheese cups, Larabars, Amy's Indian and Mexican frozen meals, and Justin's gluten free pretzels with almond butter snack kits.

Now I eat mostly string cheese, pepperoni, nuts, and coffee with cream for snacks.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Against the Grain baguettes are quite nice when they are baked in the oven for maybe 10 minutes or so (after thawing). They work well for a little snack with whatever kind of topping on them.

also, oddly - Kettle brand salt and vinegar chips plus applegate brand roast beef (sliced for sandwiches) - make a little chip sandwich out of them. It's quite nice.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love Larabars and the indian Amy's frozen dinners without cheese. Mary's Gone Crackers and Van's both make really yummy crunchy snacks. Beanitos and Jackson's Honest also make good chips. As far as baking mixes go, Pamela's has a wonderful gluten free bread mix that tastes really close to whole wheat bread. Also, Justin's recently came out with little almond butter snack packs that include gluten free pretzels that are really good.

Oh, and Bell and Evans makes some gluten free chicken nuggets that are absolutely amazing!
  • jasmine_noel
    jasmine_noel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great input, thanks GF people :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Cheese and pepperoni sticks, nuts and coconut or a homemade trail mix, hard boiled eggs, smokies, burger patties, cans of tuna with mayo, avocado with some lemon, veggies with cheese dip, coffee with cream ... These are my snack and travel foods.

I tend not to buy foods labeled specifically as GF because they are often overpriced, have added sugars, and tend to lack nutrients. I find it best to stick with foods that are naturally GF.

Other GF foods ( but don't fit my macros) are rice, baked or nuked potato, quinoa, etc.

The bolded would be my philosophy as well if I needed to be GF.

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    These are addictingly good.

gluten-free-vans-perfect-10-crackers-lgn.jpg

They also come in Roasted Pepper and Multigrain. Tastes even better when you spread some coconut oil on them.
  • jasmine_noel
    jasmine_noel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

The bolded would be my philosophy as well if I needed to be GF.

Me too! But like 5% of the time, I'd like something quick and easy to grab.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Apparently the roasted chickpeas I've been eating are gluten free. You can roast them yourself or I got a bag of The Good Bean brand from Costco when they were on sale. They taste like round little chips!
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Life has great chocolate chip cookies.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Enjoy Life has great chocolate chip cookies.

I need to try those but, every time i walk past them in the grocery store i get paranoid by black sabath stuck in my head. And now that i said that songs gonna be in my head all night
  • Sherryidic
    Sherryidic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aldi (if you have one in you area) has a decent selection of GF at very good prices. I mostly buy them for my daughter but they have cereals, bars, pretzels, cookies, wraps, breads (soy in those), prepackaged frozen foods that I haven't tried but they have a good selection.