1 pound at a time! Weekly goal is 1 pd

Options
I'm starting off slow so I won't get discouraged or give up. I hate starting over but in the past when I didn't lose 2 pds a week. I would just say forget it but not this time. I need more motivation!

Replies

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1 lb a week is a great goal! I know 1 lb doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things, but just think about what a pound of fat would look like if you had it in front of you on a plate.That's a great accomplishment to lose that.

Plus, going slower will allow you to eat more and your dietary changes wont be too drastic, so you're more likely to maintain it long-term
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Your post is refreshing after all the "can I lose 50 lbs in 5 weeks?" posts that have shown up lately. Great start.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Terrific goal!!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Your post is refreshing after all the "can I lose 50 lbs in 5 weeks?" posts that have shown up lately. Great start.

+1

Way to go, Maxine!

If you ever get discouraged, read this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • Maryal
    Maryal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet...staying within my daily count...what's wrong
    Mary Miano
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Maryal wrote: »
    Nothing yet...staying within my daily count...what's wrong
    Mary Miano

@Maryal
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi there. :) A slower loss is much more sustainable in the long run. It also helps you to not binge so much because you get to eat more and you feel satisfied. It will take longer, but you will get there eventually. Any progress is still progress.
  • 4Maxine6
    4Maxine6 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you all!

Hi there. :) A slower loss is much more sustainable in the long run. It also helps you to not binge so much because you get to eat more and you feel satisfied. It will take longer, but you will get there eventually. Any progress is still progress.

1 lb a week is a great goal! I know 1 lb doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things, but just think about what a pound of fat would look like if you had it in front of you on a plate.That's a great accomplishment to lose that.

Plus, going slower will allow you to eat more and your dietary changes wont be too drastic, so you're more likely to maintain it long-term

• 4Maxine6
    4Maxine6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out how to use this app, lol
  • LatreicePadia
    LatreicePadia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Now that's a goal I need to do!!